Stepping in Style
Add some bohemian flair to your wardrobe with these funky springtime sandals.
Photo By Romero & Romero
FYI: Before fringe was fashionable, it was worn by Native Americans of the Plains to repel rainwater from the wearer. In the 1920s, it became a decorative embellishment for flappers, and is now also associated with the hippie movement.
1. “Contemporary” wedge with criss-cross strap by Volatile, from Little Town.
2. “Ceyla” espadrille in caramel leather by Dolce Vita, from Shoe La La.
3. “Vermont” block-heeled sandal with fringe by Very Volatile, from JuJu’s
4. “Sumner” platform wedge in taupe nubuck by Dolce Vita, from Shoe La La.
5. “Marcie” gladiator sandal in new tan by Pierre Dumas, from JuJu’s.
• JuJu’s. 101 Settlers Trace Boulevard, Lafayette. (337) 406-9300; 7808 Main St., Houma. (985) 876-3766. jujusboutique.com.
• Shoe La La. 201 Settlers Trace Blvd., #3010, Lafayette, (337) 984-8618. shoelala.net
• Little Town. 1116 Coolidge St., Lafayette. (337) 268-9499