A photographic journey along Highway 14
TOP: Richard's Meat Market (117 Park Ave., Abbeville), serves boudin balls (right) along with fresh cuts of beef and pork, specialty items, a variety of fresh sausage and house-made cracklins. BOTTOM LEFT: Twelve miles east of Abbeville on the Highway 14 is the town of Delcambre. BOTTOM RIGHT: Sean Gayle, owner of Patti's Book Nook.
TOP LEFT: Cows at rest off the side of Highway 14. TOP RIGHT: The Vermilion Parish Clerk of Court, 100 S. State St. BOTTOM LEFT: St. Mary Magdalen Church in Abbeville, 300 Pere Megret St. BOTTOM RIGHT: Stained-glass window inside the church
TOP LEFT: Interior of St. Mary Magdalen Church. TOP RIGHT: Oyster decorations inside of Dupuy's Seafood (108 S. Main St.) in Abbeville. TOP LEFT: Exterior of Dupuy's. TOP RIGHT: The restaurant's fried alligator platter
TOP LEFT: Farmhouse near the town of Wright, off Baker Road. TOP RIGHT: The Gueydan Museum (212 Main St.) is housed in a building that was built in 1902. Its original use was as the Bank of Gueydan; today the Romanesque structure houses rare photographs and cultural artifacts, with changing exhibits. BOTTOM: Both of these photographs were taken in Wright.
The Steen's Pure Cane Syrup business is in its fourth generation
of ownership (119 N. Main St.) in Abbeville.