Pleasing to the eye and the palate
Sumatra Wahana is a medium roast with hints of spiced berry and watermelon.
Photo by Romero & Romero
Some say bad coffee is better than no coffee at all, but you don’t have to settle thanks to these easy to master home-brewing gadgets and accessories. You’ll soon feel like an experienced barista in your own home.
1. This classic French Press by Bodum is an essential for every coffee enthusiast. Available at The Kitchenary, 456 Heymann Blvd., Lafayette. 337-264-1037. thekitchenary.net
2. Created 75 years ago by an eccentric chemist and still on display in art museums (like New York’s Museum of Modern Art) the Chemex is the ideal blend of form and function. This Bauhaus inspired brewer is used and sold at Reve Coffee Roasters, 200A Jefferson St., Lafayette, 337-534-8336. revecoffeeroasters.com
3. Taking their name from the French word for “dream,” all of Reve Coffee Roasters’ beans are micro-roasted in Acadiana (and can be shipped the same day for the freshest cup imaginable). Grab a bag of beans in downtown Lafayette or visit revecoffeeroasters.com
4. Add a little glam to your morning coffee routine with this gold-trimmed pedestal sugar dish and gold plated coffee spoon. Find an assortment of these at The Kitchenary, 456 Heymann Blvd., Lafayette. 337-264-1037. thekitchenary.net
5. Eliminate waste with this stylish matte red pour over that brews just enough for one perfect cup. From The Kitchenary, 456 Heymann Blvd., Lafayette. 337-264-1037. thekitchenary.net
6. This sophisticated yet quirky laurel wreath mug by IMM Living comes with a dry erase marker so you can customize as the caffeine gets your creative juices flowing. Pick one up at Genterie Supply Co., 408 Jefferson St., Lafayette. 337-401-3833. genterie.com