Aug 3, 201810:24 AM
Ça C'est Bon
The official blog of Acadiana Profile, offering up a heaping helping of fun from around the region.
Benefits, Bonding and Birthdays
This weekend, Acadiana has many options for entertainment. A night out benefitting shelter animals, an interactive play benefitting at-risk children, creative activities for adults and children are all in store. Also, discounted records with free beer and pizza.
- Lagniappe Records’ 5th Anniversary: Lafayette’s favorite record store turns five this Friday, and to celebrate they’re kicking off the weekend with a party at the Greenroom. CENTRAL Pizza & Bar will provide free pizza, and free beer will be available for the first attendees. The celebration continues into the weekend with sales throughout the store Friday through Sunday, including 50 percent off select used LPs, 30 percent off all used 45s and 10 percent off everything else storewide.
- Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre: The “Casablanca” spoof “Dealt a Deadly Hand: Murder at the Pocono Royal Casino” performance at the Acadiana Center for the Arts will benefit BBBS of Acadiana. The spoof takes place in Rick’s club, Pocono’s the first legal casino, and features an array of scheming characters vying to make a killing. Each 7 p.m. is preceded by an hour-long silent auction with cash bar. Tickets are $100 each and can be purchased at Acadianabigs.org.
- Free trial class of Tinkergarden, outdoor learning classes for kids: This Saturday, the popular whatever this is offers a free trial of nature activities for toddlers and children up to 8 years old. Means of play encourage problem solving, communication, collaboration, exploring, and more. Parents and caregivers, in turn, gain insight into their loved one’s development.
- National Friend and Sister Day at Board & Brush, Youngsville: Aug. 5 is National Friends and Sister Day, and for that afternoon from 1-4, Brush & Board of Youngsville is celebrating with an afternoon dedicated to sisterly bonds. Brush & Board is a creative space for wooden décor projects led by an instructor.
- Yappy Hour benefitting Second Chance Paws at the Tap Room in River Ranch: Every Saturday in August from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. All proceeds for those two hours go to the Crowley nonprofit foster-home based rescue. Tap Room will offer $5 Tito’s cocktails for the occasion.
There you have it. You can enjoy a nice drink or a nice dinner for the benefit of others, peruse discounted records, engage your child’s mind in a new way or simply hang out with your sister on a Saturday afternoon. I hope you discover something new about yourself or your loved ones, or at least enjoy a nice drink.