15 remedies for glowing and smooth skin.
Mother Nature’s treasured gifts can pamper and heal your skin, leaving you with such a natural experience of glowing, hydrated and rejuvenated skin. You can transform your dry skin into super smooth, soft, supple and glowing by using any of these home remedies.
• Mash a banana with milk, apply to your face and leave on for 20 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
• Apply honey to your face and neck for 20 minutes. Wash it off cold water.
• Mix egg white (egg white tightens and acts as an astringent) with honey and apply on your face for 20 minutes.
Wash off with cold water.
• Make a paste of one teaspoon of walnut powder, honey and lemon juice. Scrub your face lightly with this paste and leave on for 20 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
• Rub a piece of papaya on your face and neck for 15 minutes.
• Make a paste by mixing 2 Tablespoons of turmeric (Haldi) powder in orange juice. Lightly rub on your face and neck and leave for 20 minutes. Wash off with cold water.
• A paste of the fresh fenugreek leaves applied on the face prevents pimples, blackheads, dryness and the early appearance of wrinkles.
• Make a paste by mixing together a mashed banana, honey, lemon juice and margarine. Apply on your face, hands and feet, and leave on overnight (wear gloves on your hands and socks on your feet). Wash it off in the morning.
• Boil cabbage in water. Wash your face with this water for a glow.
• Mix together mango peels and 1 teaspoon milk powder. Rub on face, neck and hands. Wash off after 15 minutes.
• Mix 1 cup of sugar with 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice. While taking a bath, lather your body and face heavily with a soft soap, such as Dove. Scrub your whole body and face with the sugar mixture on top of the lather.
• Adding sugar to any bath gel is also a great exfoliate.
• After a shower apply Vaseline over your entire body. Shower again after 1 hour. Repeat twice a month. (I also love to apply this on my feet then sleep with socks on; I awake with soft, smooth feet!)
• Mix corn (polenta) flour with an egg white and apply to your face. When your face is dried completely (in about 30 minutes), put your fingers in warm water and massage your face. Repeat daily for 10-15 days.
• Mix 3 teaspoons of baby oil and 2 teaspoons of sugar. Rub your hands, feet or any part that’s a little rough or dry, and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
• Practice these methods for at least four continuous weeks to see which works best for you. It is important to note that while these may give you glowing smooth skin, they aren’t the latest and greatest anti-aging technology available. My suggestion is to use these in conjunction with your already established skin care routines; if you’re under a dermatologist’s care, please check before use. Remember, if you’re allergic to any ingredients listed above, make sure to avoid it. Have fun and enjoy your smoother, silkier, glowing skin.