Recipe: Broiled Fish Bliss
Chef Greg Sonnier of Kingfish
Photographed by Cheryl Gerber
Broiled Boneless Whole Fish with Heirloom Tomatoes, Sweet Onions, Shaved Parmesan and Citrus Thyme Vinaigrette
• 2 2-pound speckled trout, flounder or redfish, scaled and completely boned with tail connected (Hint: If buying a whole fish at the grocery store, ask the fish monger to scale and hinge cut it)
• 2 heirloom tomatoes (yellow, Brandywine or red Creole), sliced
• 1 sweet onion, peeled and Julienned)
• 2 ounces Parmesan cheese shavings
• 2 cups baby lettuce
• 1/2 cup olive oil
Citrus Thyme Vinaigrette
• 1 small shallot, finely chopped
• 3/4 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
• 2 Tablespoons of creole mustard
• 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 2 Tablespoons fresh Satsuma juice
• 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
• Sea salt and pepper, freshly ground
Combine first 8 ingredients in a small jar.
Season vinaigrette to taste with sea salt and pepper.
Shake to blend. (Vinaigrette can be made 1 week ahead.) Cover and chill. Shake before using.
Season fish filets with sea salt and pepper, then coat with olive oil.
Place in broiler for approximately 12 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
Place baby lettuces on the bottom of the plate, then top with sliced heirloom tomatoes sprinkled with sea salt, julienned onion and 2 Tablespoons of vinaigrette.
Top with shaved Parmesan and then the broiled fish.
Add 1 Tablespoon of vinaigrette to finish and serve.
Kingfish | 337 Chartres St.| 598-5005 | CocktailBarNewOrleans.com