Whenever I get a care package from a cosmetics company, my heart goes all giddy; I sit on the floor and it’s almost like meditation for me to reorganize my makeup kit to add all the new products. Sure it’s a blast getting to try all these different products all the time, but I do have my choice set of tried and true beauty items that perform perfectly every time. Throughout the years products have come and gone, but only some of them become staples in my kit.
1. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant. Found in the purses of beauty editors and makeup artists worldwide and created by Ms. Arden herself, this legendary, award-winning cream calms, protects and hydrates skin for up to eight hours. It also helps to shape brows, restore shine and smooth cuticles. This classic goes with me everywhere; I use it for chapped lips, for extra-dry skin and as a perfect gloss for lips, eyes and face.
2. Browmousse by Tweezerman. This clear, fragrance-free gel is a favorite loved by almost every makeup artist I know! Ideal for getting a beautifully shaped brow line to stay put all day, its precision, evenness and long-lasting wear allows me to set unruly brows and keep them in place without crusty or flaky residue.
3. 24/7 Concealer Pencil by Urban Decay. This pencil hides dark circles and blemishes with a creamy formula that dries matte and then stays put. They are so deliciously creamy and non-creasing, and their color is rich and true to skin tone. I received these few years ago in a swag bag, and I’m still just as impressed with them today as I was then.
4. M•A•C Strobe Cream. This cream de-snoozes, de-stresses, moistens, freshens and boosts the look of dull, flat or tired-looking skin. I like this shimmery lotion for many things. It is very versatile; it gives me the ability to mix it with other foundation if I want to look dewy or extra shiny. It also can be used on the body as a highlighter, with a more subtle shine.
5. Bathina “Take a Picture it Lasts Longer…” Body Balm by Benefit Cosmetics. This shimmering, glimmering body balm adds a seductive golden-pink sheen to legs and body. It comes complete with a Bathina’s puff for a smooth, velvety application. It is a silky, shimmery body moisturizer that gives skin a delicious glow and it smells divine. It comes in super cute packaging, too. This is my go to product for the look of hydrated, glowing skin.
6. Amazing Face Oil Free Close-Up Coverage Foundation by Too Faced. An oil-free, skin-smoothing liquid foundation that provides the illusion of airbrushed skin in seconds. This is a new discovery for me, and I find myself reaching for it when I want smooth skin “perfect-looking” coverage for photo shoots.
7. False Lashes. I like individual lashes more than strips; individual lashes look more natural and give me the option to build thickness and length. A new product that I’m over the moon for is the new Ever Ez Lashes Trio Lashes by Kiss. They are flairs set in a trio so you can get the look of individual in half the time. If I do use strips, I prefer Ardell #114 or Urban Decay’s lashes, as they have a fun selection from which to choose.
8. Lip Tars by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. These have become my newest fixation. Why? You get a stunning splash of color that combines the longevity of a lipstick with the breezy application of a gloss. I really can say this is one of the most unique products on the market; the colors are so rich and vivid, it lends itself to an array of possibilities and I find myself using it for even more creative things.
9. Pure Pigments by Make Up For Ever. These highly concentrated color pigments are extremely fine. This means that makeup artists can quickly create intense makeup colors in a desired tone. I honestly can do anything with them, I can: mix colors for a custom look, use them with a clear lip-gloss to make a lip color and much more. I have even rubbed them on fingernails for a cool look, but be sure to follow with a clear polish over to give it staying power.
10. They’re Real! Mascara by Benefit Cosmetics. My obsession with finding the perfect mascara continues. “They’re Real!” Mascara is a jet-black, dark-dark, super-rich mascara that lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts and separates lashes for a spectacular “out-to-here” look. It gives great, bold coverage on lashes.