NEW ORLEANS (press release) – Presented by Entergy’s innovation group KeyString Labs, NOEW today announced a lineup of entertainers who will bring musical, fashion, and culinary performances to attendees’ virtual doors during the five-day digital experience happening March 22-26.
Launching a new, globally accessible online event, NOEW 2021 is supporting New Orleans’ hospitality and music industries by incorporating arts, food, and entertainment throughout its programming this year and will feature performances by local artists as part of its NOEW @ Night evening segments.
The entertainment schedule includes the following performances that will be aired from iconic New Orleans venues:
- 3/22 – NOEW @ NIGHT presented by Pan American Life Insurance Group – Culinary demonstration and fireside chat with Chef Nina Compton at Bywater American Bistro, hosted by Robin Barnes, “The Songbird of New Orleans”
- 3/23 – NOEW @ NIGHT presented by Ochsner Health – Musical performance by Water Seed at Tipitina’s, a local favorite that brings together a mixture Funk, Rock and Pop. Water Seed creates timeless yet immediate music with an edgy style and progressive consciousness.
- 3/24 – NOEW @ NIGHT presented by AWS Activate and Halliburton Labs – Musical performances by artists from Material Institute including Tanywey, Yung June featuring Caz, Amethyst Starr, Lucia Honey, N’IYA ALEÏA, and a runway moment by fashion designer Marlence at Music Box Village. Garments from designers in Material Institute’s Fashion and Textiles program will also be featured including pieces by, Melanie Reupke, Cherise Lockett, and Lorenzo Duarte.
- 3/25 – NOEW @ NIGHT presented by JP Morgan Chase and Co. – Musical performance by GLBL WRMNG at Tipitina’s, a new hyper-local NOLA collective of 20+ local artists & producers, spearheaded by Pell and New Orleans music professional Nate “Suave” Cameron. GLBL WRMNG recently released glbl wrmng vol. 1, an ode to the strength and resilience of their beloved hometown and emphasizes the city’s heroic survival.
- 3/26 – IDEApitch presented by Revelry – DJ Raj Smoove will close out IDEApitch, the finale of NOEW that features a live, high-stakes pitch competition
“New Orleans Airlift and the Music Box Village were grateful to finally create meaningful creative work with NOEW after beginning plans for collaboration back in March of 2020,” said Jay Pennington, co-founder of New Orleans Airlift. “We feel like our shared vision was made even more special by the inclusion of the talents and exuberance of our friends at Material Institute and The Embassy.”
Each evening, in partnership with My House Events, attendees will also have the opportunity to support local chefs by ordering a meal during their registration that will be delivered during NOEW @ Night segments. Participating restaurants include Compere Lapin, La Cocinita, Afrodisiac, 2Brothers1Love and Cavan. Orders must be placed by March 19th to guarantee delivery for the following week.
“Though this year’s events will be virtual, NOEW is creatively finding ways to support the entrepreneurial talent of our city,” said Brenna Kane, COO of The Idea Village. “Attendees can expect to not only have the chance to learn valuable insights from innovative leaders in our community, but also have a lot of fun while they’re at it by joining NOEW @ Night’s entertainment sessions and ordering delicious food from some amazing local restaurants.”
This year’s slate of virtual events will feature a focus on the themes of community resilience, future-proofing New Orleans, creating equitable systems, New Orleans’ cultural and entrepreneurial landscape, and the region’s startup community, among others.
NOEW 2021 will host over 60 sessions featuring notable speakers and thought leaders, including Chef Nina Compton, Brad Feld, Christina Wallace, Walter Isaacson, Marlon Nichols, Patrick Comer and more.
NOEW virtual events are free to join, and all content can be accessed by registering at www.NOEW.org.