⏺️ ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE – New Orleans Magazine
The Account Executive is responsible for all aspects of selling advertising via print, online, event sponsorship, and social media outlets to local businesses that target the lifestyle community. The position is responsible for generating revenue through advertising sales. Expertise in developing the sales process, obtaining leads and managing the sales funnel, maintaining existing client relationships, and providing detailed reporting and sales forecasting is required. This position reports to the New Orleans Magazine Sales Manager and Vice President of Sales.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct and manage customer development activities, including face-to-face customer contact to create and develop a good business relationship with existing and inactive customers and retain and build additional revenues in advertising sales and event sponsorships
- Utilize consultative skills to assess client needs and educate on the power of New Orleans Magazine and MyNewOrleans.com to enhance business opportunities
- Work directly in the field to research and cultivate leads to build a strong pipeline of qualified prospects in order to maximize conversion
- Utilize entrepreneurial mindset to manage accounts through creative communication and marketing strategies to engage local businesses
- Conduct outside sales and service calls to ensure a quality customer experience
- Conduct outside sales and service calls to reactivate inactive customer accounts
- Manage follow-up process including ad materials and monthly proofing of magazine
- Ensure customer ad placements are executed flawlessly
- Facilitate company collection policies and procedures
- Prepare monthly sales forecasts
- Maintain a strong focus on continuously meeting and exceeding sales goals on a monthly basis
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• BA required
• 3+ years of a proven track record in a sales or account management role
⏺️ Sales Intern
Interns will learn the inner-workings of what goes into putting a magazine together from a marketing and sales perspective. The intern will report directly to the sales manager, and will be assigned tasks from the marketing team, sales account executives, and the publishers directly.
Interns will have constant interaction between sales teams the rest of the office. Internship duties vary greatly.
- social media creation, strategy and execution
- sales client research
- client outreach
- reporting current events on the website and post-event coverage.
Interns will also have the opportunity to join us and assist with events throughout the year. Interns will learn pre-event prep details, about event execution and all that is involved in delivering a great event, as well about a number of other factors that comprise post-event wrap up and deliverables.
Connect with your career center to learn more about your options. Since events are an integral part of what we do, the internship may require working evenings and some weekend nights/days in order to be a part of events. We are very flexible with schedules, but do need someone that is committed and interested in the magazine. We are looking to help enhance the knowledge of the magazine industry for someone who is organized, dedicated, creative, as well as someone who we can rely on.
- Knowledge of Google Drive – Excel & Word
- Ability to create content for social media
- Fast-learner, ability to multi-task, responsible, reliable, self-motivated and trustworthy
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, problem solving skills
- Interested and creative in content creation for social media accounts, especially Facebook and Instagram
- Working knowledge of InDesign & Photoshop is a plus
- Available for 20+ hours throughout the week
*Renaissance Publishing internships are unpaid positions.