⏺️ ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE – Custom Division/ MyNewOrleans.com
The Account Executive is responsible for all aspects of selling advertising via print, online, event sponsorship, and social media outlets to local businesses that target the lifestyle community. The position is responsible for generating revenue through advertising sales. Expertise in developing the sales process, obtaining leads and managing the sales funnel, maintaining existing client relationships, and providing detailed reporting and sales forecasting is required. This position reports to the Vice President of Sales.
- Direct and manage customer development activities, including face-to-face customer contact to create and develop a good business relationship with existing and inactive customers and retain and build additional revenues in sales and event sponsorships
- Utilize consultative sales skills to assess client needs and educate on the power of our Custom products and NewOrleans.com to enhance business opportunities
- Work directly in the field to research and cultivate leads to build a strong pipeline of qualified prospects in order to maximize conversion
- Utilize entrepreneurial mindset to manage accounts through creative communication and marketing strategies to engage local businesses
- Conduct outside sales and service calls to ensure a quality customer experience
- Conduct outside sales and service calls to reactivate inactive customer accounts
- Manage follow-up process including ad materials and monthly proofing of magazine
- Ensure customer ad placements are executed flawlessly
- Facilitate company collection policies and procedures
- Prepare monthly sales forecasts
- Maintain a strong focus on continuously meeting and exceeding sales goals on a monthly basis
Desired Skills and Experience
- BA required
- 3+ years of a proven track record in a sales role
Excellent communication and follow-up skills, outstanding written and oral skills, superior business and negotiation skills, extensive industry contacts, outstanding organizational skills, high attention to detail, consistent professional image, tenacity
- Results Orientation
- Employee Engagement
- Learning Opportunities
- Decision Making
Job Type: Full-time
Click here to submit your resume
⏺️ BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
Responsible for supporting sales reps/sales department in order to meet or exceed their revenue goals.
Advertising Sales Generation
- Cold call, email and mail prospective advertisers from generated client lists at ad rep’s direction
- Work alongside sales team to expand & maintain client relationships, as well as work with team on advertising campaigns to help potential or existing clients achieve their business objectives in print, online, or through various sponsorship opportunities.
- Manage current client accounts in data base
- Aid in client renewal process
- Meeting prep: proposal generation, price quotes, assembling media kits
- Assist ad reps on sales calls, manage sales calendar, keep things organized and detailed
- Contract fulfillment
- Collect art for special sections: directed by sales
- Prospecting accounts through LinkedIN, Google search, social media research
- Build, maintain and sustain relationships with industry leaders and prospective clients
- Research current events, prospect from competitor magazines and newspapers & other media
- Management of sales collateral- media kits, sponsorship promos, ad contracts, & RFP’s
- Manage external partnerships between corporate associations, non-profits
- Administrative paperwork, reporting and monitoring
- Creative assistance with artwork and ad creation
- Gather artwork materials, payment materials
- Attend and provide support to brand and marketing teams in executing events
Bachelors degree or higher
Proficiency in Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook
Public speaking experience a plus
⏺️ Sales Intern
Interns will learn the inner-workings of what goes into putting a magazine together from a marketing and sales perspective. The intern will report directly to the sales manager, and will be assigned tasks from the marketing team, sales account executives, and the publishers directly.
Interns will have constant interaction between sales teams the rest of the office. Internship duties vary greatly.
- social media creation, strategy and execution
- sales client research
- client outreach
- reporting current events on the website and post-event coverage.
Interns will also have the opportunity to join us and assist with events throughout the year. Interns will learn pre-event prep details, about event execution and all that is involved in delivering a great event, as well about a number of other factors that comprise post-event wrap up and deliverables.
Connect with your career center to learn more about your options. Since events are an integral part of what we do, the internship may require working evenings and some weekend nights/days in order to be a part of events. We are very flexible with schedules, but do need someone that is committed and interested in the magazine. We are looking to help enhance the knowledge of the magazine industry for someone who is organized, dedicated, creative, as well as someone who we can rely on.
- Knowledge of Google Drive – Excel & Word
- Ability to create content for social media
- Fast-learner, ability to multi-task, responsible, reliable, self-motivated and trustworthy
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, problem solving skills
- Interested and creative in content creation for social media accounts, especially Facebook and Instagram
- Working knowledge of InDesign & Photoshop is a plus
- Available for 20+ hours throughout the week
*Renaissance Publishing internships are unpaid positions.