⏺️ BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
Responsible for supporting sales reps/sales department in order to meet or exceed their revenue goals.
Advertising Sales Generation
- Cold call, email and mail prospective advertisers from generated client lists at ad rep’s direction
- Work alongside sales team to expand & maintain client relationships, as well as work with team on advertising campaigns to help potential or existing clients achieve their business objectives in print, online, or through various sponsorship opportunities.
- Manage current client accounts in data base
- Aid in client renewal process
- Meeting prep: proposal generation, price quotes, assembling media kits
- Assist ad reps on sales calls, manage sales calendar, keep things organized and detailed
- Contract fulfillment
- Collect art for special sections: directed by sales
- Prospecting accounts through LinkedIN, Google search, social media research
- Build, maintain and sustain relationships with industry leaders and prospective clients
- Research current events, prospect from competitor magazines and newspapers & other media
- Management of sales collateral- media kits, sponsorship promos, ad contracts, & RFP’s
- Manage external partnerships between corporate associations, non-profits
- Administrative paperwork, reporting and monitoring
- Creative assistance with artwork and ad creation
- Gather artwork materials, payment materials
- Attend and provide support to brand and marketing teams in executing events
Bachelors degree or higher
Proficiency in Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook
Public speaking experience a plus
⏺️ Sales Intern
Interns will learn the inner-workings of what goes into putting a magazine together from a marketing and sales perspective. The intern will report directly to the sales manager, and will be assigned tasks from the marketing team, sales account executives, and the publishers directly.
Interns will have constant interaction between sales teams the rest of the office. Internship duties vary greatly.
- social media creation, strategy and execution
- sales client research
- client outreach
- reporting current events on the website and post-event coverage.
Interns will also have the opportunity to join us and assist with events throughout the year. Interns will learn pre-event prep details, about event execution and all that is involved in delivering a great event, as well about a number of other factors that comprise post-event wrap up and deliverables.
Connect with your career center to learn more about your options. Since events are an integral part of what we do, the internship may require working evenings and some weekend nights/days in order to be a part of events. We are very flexible with schedules, but do need someone that is committed and interested in the magazine. We are looking to help enhance the knowledge of the magazine industry for someone who is organized, dedicated, creative, as well as someone who we can rely on.
- Knowledge of Google Drive – Excel & Word
- Ability to create content for social media
- Fast-learner, ability to multi-task, responsible, reliable, self-motivated and trustworthy
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, problem solving skills
- Interested and creative in content creation for social media accounts, especially Facebook and Instagram
- Working knowledge of InDesign & Photoshop is a plus
- Available for 20+ hours throughout the week
*Renaissance Publishing internships are unpaid positions.