What a time to be alive.
On lockdown, there are no events or activities as we – hopefully — eschew community for rituals in our homes. It doesn’t come naturally to us. The mandate has been met with indignance, some rebellion, lots of grief, and, finally, acceptance. For most of us.
In an effort to get more Acadiana residents to stay inside, I’ve compiled a list of 10 places where you can get your favorite meals from you favorite local spots. Meals provide normalcy, stability, and comfort, and we all need that right now.
- Antoni’s Italian Café’: One of the first restaurants in Lafayette to offer takeout during the pandemic, Antoni’s has taken extra precautions, like using curbside service. Use the Waitr app for both takeout and delivery orders of their classic Italian pastas, salads, pizzas, and select bottles of wine. Antoni’s hours are Monday-Saturday 4-8 p.m. and Sunday 3-6 p.m.
- Poupart’s Bakery (Pinhook): A Lafayette staple, Poupart’s Bakery on Pinhook Road will provide in-store pickup of fresh baguettes, loaves of fresh bread, and lots of sweet treats, such as their signature fruit tarts. One new special is the Quarantine Mac Pack! Mac Packs include 12 macaroons of your choosing to brighten your day for just $12. Order and pick up your baked goods Tuesday-Sunday from 7 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Cafe Josephine: The Sunset Café’ Josephine offers Cajun comfort food from a rotating menu, and delivery within a 10-mile radius. Items include charbroiled oysters, zydeco shrimp, ribeye, halibut served with tomatoes and asparagus, hamburger steaks and more. Offering in-store pick-up Tuesday-Saturday from 4-8 p.m. Delivery orders over $50 have no delivery fee. Call (337) 662-0008 to order.
- Sandra’s: Lafayette’s local health food store Sandra’s will be open for organic groceries and discounted vitamins, like vitamin C sprays. Organic elk, eggs, and produce are available, as well as organic eggs from Guidry’s Farms. Customers can go inside and order at counter or call (337) 988-0108 for to go orders of plate lunches. Sandra’s will provide curbside service for any elderly or anyone with a compromised immune system.
- Social Southern Table & Bar: Recreate date night at home by ordering delivery from the full menu of Social Southern Table & Bar via Waitr and Uber Eats. Curbside pick-up is available as well, and curbside orders get their own special Tuesday-Friday: half-off fried green tomatoes and flatbreads from 3:30-6 p.m.! With your order, Social will fill your growler (32oz growler for $10 and 64oz for $20) with the draft beer of your choice. Delivery fees are waived with orders over $100 within city limits