Announcing Fromage á Trois: a Cheese, Chefs & Cocktails event
15 Chefs Compete to Make the Perfect Bite with Cheese
- NEW ORLEANS (press release) – Hosted by the French American Chamber of Commerce, Fête des Fromages, aka NOLA Cheese Fest, returns to the New Orleans Jazz Museum on Saturday, Nov. 16.
The night before the festival (Friday, Nov. 15) is the introduction of the newest cheese event, Fromage à Trois: Cheese, Chefs & Cocktails. 15 of New Orleans’ top chefs will battle it out to make a perfect bite using cheese from a visiting cheesemaker. Guests can taste each bite and cheese, meet the chefs and makers, and vote for their favorite while sampling signature Bulleit or Tanqueray cocktails and dancing to tunes spun by DJ El Camino.
Sneak previews of competing bites include:
From Slade Rushing, five-time James Beard Best Chef South Nominee, in his swan song before leaving New Orleans: Pumpkin and Beemster agnolotti with walnut praline and scotch whiskey butter
- From Dickie Brennan, owner and managing partner of Dickie Brennan & Company, representing his restaurant Tableau: Crispy fried Louisiana alligator and melted Point Reyes Original Blue on a buttermilk biscuit topped with pepper jelly and cane vinegar glaze
- From Corey Thomas, executive chef of Domenica: La Bonne Vie Buche de Chevre and roasted turnip panna cotta with pumpkin seeds and pink peppercorn
- From Candis Koerner, chef of Tavolino Pizza & Lounge: Parmigiano Reggiano gelato, parmesan wafer, A L’Olivier Citron Pamplemousse Agro Dulce and fennel pollen
- And more bites from Atchafalaya, Bacchanal, Bayona, Gabrielle, NOCHI, Otra Vez, Restaurant R’evolution, Rimon, Saba, Stein’s Market & Deli, and St. James Cheese Company.
Fromage à Trois will be held from 7-10 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 15 at The Cellar on St Louis (2500 St. Louis Street New Orleans, LA 70119). The event is 21+ only. Tickets $25 at fetedesfromages.com.
WHEN / WHERE
Fromage à Trois: Cheese, Chefs & Cocktails: Friday 11/15/19, 7-10PM; The Cellar on St. Louis, 2500 St. Louis Street, New Orleans, LA 70119; 21+ tickets $25
Fête des Fromages, aka NOLA Cheese Fest: Saturday 11/16/19, 12-4PM (VIPs 11AM); The New Orleans Jazz Museum, 400 Esplanade Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70115; tickets $10-$130
Tickets at fetedesfromages.com/tickets
- Purchase Fromage à Trois tickets separately, or in the Cheese Boss bundle.
- Cheese Boss ticket bundles for $150 (includes Fromage à Trois and VIP lounge and bar – ONLY 10 tickets left as of this emailing)
- Cheese Fanatic VIP tickets (21+) to Fête des Fromages: $130 (includes VIP lounge and bar)
- Cheese Lover tickets (21+) to Fête des Fromages: $65 (includes 3 drink tickets and 11AM admission)
- Cheese Enthusiast GA tickets to Fête des Fromages: $35
- Petit Fromage tickets (ages 4-16) to Fête des Fromages: $10
For more information, visit fetedesfromages.com or @nolacheesefest on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.