NEW ORLEANS (press release) – The NOCCA Foundation invites you to its annual fundraising spectacular, the ART&SOUL gala, on Saturday, May 20. Gala co-chairs Shanekah Johnson, Lauren Chisesi May, and Kristin Shannon have chosen the theme of this year’s gala as “On the Edge”, reflecting the boundary-breaking work that many NOCCA alumni have produced. The event will feature…
- Outstanding performances by some of New Orleans’ most renowned artists, including NOCCA Class of 2001 alum Chief Adjuah (formerly Christian Scott) and fellow NOCCA alum Joel Dyson, plus a group of brand-new alumni (from the class of 2023), the NOCCA Jazz Ensemble!
- Food by NOCCA’s Culinary Arts students and faculty, along with some of your favorite restaurants!
- A silent auction full of artwork, vacation packages, experiences, and more, including a print of this year’s official ART&SOUL artwork by NOCCA Visual Arts student Mireya Del Rosario!
- A 50/50 raffle!
- Portrait-drawings by NOCCA Visual Arts students and impromptu poetry penned by Creative Writing students!
- A VIP patron party on Thursday, May 18, with food by Chef Frank Brigtsen and Brigtsen’s Restaurant, plus a performance by New Orleans legend Jon Cleary!
Follow our menu links to purchase sponsorships or gala tickets, or to donate food or auction items. Please mark your calendars and stay tuned for more details about this spectacular event!