Back to School
1. Don’t say goodbye to color when you say goodbye to summer. Warm yourself pink instead! A quilted, corduroy jacket paired with a matching polo dress is perfect for the warm days and cool autumn nights of the Crescent City. Little Laughter, 5530 Magazine St., 897-4880.
2. The handsome wool blazer and khaki pant combo gets a hip, hometown stamp with a silk tie from Vineyard Vines adorned with New Orleans’ most famous street names. Perlis, 6070 Magazine St., 895-8661; 1281 N. Causeway Blvd., Mandeville, 985/674-1711.
3. Catholic schoolgirl goes couture. Diane Von Furstenburg’s pleated skirt and matching tailored jacket with BCBG patent-leather Mary Janes are all so phenomenal, they will turn a truant into a scholar—at least by fashion’s standards. Saks Fifth Avenue, The Shops at Canal Place,
4. Fuss-free fashion from a cap-sleeved, sweater dress and circle-of-trust gold necklace. Perfect for your on-the-go student! C Collection, 8141 Maple St, 861-5002.
5. You can never be too young or too hip. This little girl marches off to her first day of pre-school, outfitted in a boho-chic, batik dress from Young Colors and a super-fab, hot pink Milano Series backpack. Orient Expressed, 3905 Magazine St., 899-3060.
6. Inspire yourself organized! This luxurious expandable leather tote, bird motif file folders, and colorful, old-fashioned notebooks get an “A” for both style and function. Scriptura, 5423 Magazine St., 897-1555; Lakeside Shopping Center Annex, 219-1113