There is nothing like summer in the south, especially summer in New Orleans. It’s hot and steamy, with no signs of going anywhere. As we get farther into June, the heat is amping up and the chance of your makeup glistening away is more likely.
But it doesn’t have to be this way. Beauty editor Mirella Cameran and Bleu a Blowdry Bar owner Emily Laborde both have offered their product picks.
Twice a year Cameran reports on beauty trends for New Orleans Bride magazine. In a previous summer issue, she touched on the very topic of ensuring your makeup sticks it out through the summer heat.
Her picks included:
- Lancôme Effacernes Waterproof Undereye Concealer
- Smashbox Studio Skin 15-Hour Wear Foundation
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Volumizing Mascara
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible Never Fail Lipgloss
- Nars The Multiple powder
- Hourglass Oxygen Foundation Mineral Powder
- Charlotte Tilbury Rock ‘n’ Kohl Liquid Eye Pencil
- Oribe Impermeable Anti-Humidity Spray
Most of which are available at Sephora and/or Ulta, with stores in Metairie and New Orleans.
Cameran and Laborde both suggested Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray, with Laborde having the product on her menu list at the salon and for bridal clients. Bleu additionally offers Elcie’s “Pearl Radiance” Primer and Smashbox’s “Photofinish” Primer, along with Mac’s “Fix+” Prep + Prime, which she says can be used as a primer or setting spray.
See Cameran’s current makeup picks in the newest issue of New Orleans Bride magazine available now. Bleu a Blowdry Bar offers makeup applications, including the above products, at both of the store’s locations: 701 Metairie Rd., Suite 112-2A and 5228 Magazine St.