Beignet Fest Releases Logistics Information for Attendees
Festival is set for Saturday, Oct. 5 at New Orleans City Park
NEW ORLEANS (press release) – The organizers of the 4th Annual Beignet Fest presented by French Market Coffee have released the following information for people attending the event on Saturday, Oct. 5 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at New Orleans City Park Festival Grounds.
- General Admission is $5 for adults; children 12 years old and under are free with a paying adult.
- The VIP Experience is $40 for adults; children 12 years old and under are $15 with a paying adult.
- Tickets are available in advance at beignetfest.com or can be purchased on site the day of the event with cash or credit card.
- Re-entry is allowed. All attendees will receive a wristband for re-entry.
- Proceeds benefit the Tres Doux Foundation which supports local nonprofits that serve children with autism and related developmental differences.
Location & Parking
- New Orleans City Park Festival Grounds are located at 4 Friederichs Drive, New Orleans, La. 70124.
- Parking is free but limited in City Park.
- Metered parking is available along City Park Avenue and on other surface streets nearby.
- Rideshare (Uber or Lyft), the Canal Street streetcar and bicycling are encouraged to avoid parking inconveniences. Blue Bikes will set up a virtual docking station at the gate to Beignet Fest for those who wish to rent bicycles.
Food and Beverages for Sale
- All booths will take cash directly at their booth. Some may accept credit cards at their discretion. ATMs are located on site at the event.
- A full menu and festival map are available online at beignetfest.com. There are 22 food vendors creating more than 30 different kinds of beignet dishes. Prices for food range from $3 to $10.
- Gluten-free and vegan beignets will be available for attendees with dietary restrictions.
- Other New Orleans favorites, including gumbo, red beans and rice and jambalaya, will be sold at the festival.
- There will be two full-service bars featuring specialty cocktails, mixed drinks, beer, water and soft drinks. There will also be a Beer Garden with draft beer and yard games for attendees to enjoy.
Best Beignets Contest
- Attendees will be able to vote for the Best Sweet and Best Savory beignets at a voting booth at the event. Also, a panel of celebrity judges will present a Judges Choice Award on stage. All winners will be announced on stage just before 5 p.m.
- There will be live music all day from one entertainment stage. The schedule includes: Bounce & Beignets Fitness with April Dupre + Live DJ at 10:15 a.m., Imagination Movers at 11:15 a.m., RumpelSTEELskin featuring Ed Williams of The Revivalists at 12:45 p.m., Honey Island Swamp Band at 2:05 p.m., Hot 8 Brass Band at 3:35 p.m., Big Sam’s Funky Nation at 4:55 p.m.
Merchandise and Artist Market
- Beignet Fest will have official merchandise from NOLA T-shirt of the Month for sale at the festival. There will also be 20 local artisans selling their handmade art and crafts.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Attendees should bring festival chairs, picnic blankets, personal umbrellas, strollers for children, hats, sunscreen, etc. to stay cool and comfortable.
- Attendees should not bring outside food and beverage, weapons of any kind, illegal drugs or paraphernalia, unauthorized audio/video recording equipment, large umbrellas or pop-up tents or pets/live animals.
- The event will be held rain or shine. In the event of a major weather event, organizers will make a decision in advance to move the event to another suitable date.
- More information is available at beignetfest.com. Follow Beignet Fest on Facebook and Instagram @BeignetFest with #BeignetFest or #BeignetFest2019.