Check out photos from our recent events.
Breakaway largest ship to sail from New Orleans
This past week Norwegian Cruise Line brought its Norwegian Breakaway ship to the New Orleans port and now offers five- to 11-days cruises to the Caribbean. The Breakaway, named Best Cruise Ship for Families by USA Today, is now the largest (1,068 feet) cruise ship to sail from New Orleans and the youngest ship in port this season.
Renovated in May, the Breakaway offers refreshed staterooms and public areas, 25 dining options, 22 bars and lounges, water park, ropes course and a varied entertainment program. Its sailings will continue through April 2019 and include five-, seven-, 10- and 11-day Western Caribbean cruises with calls to destinations such as Costa Maya and Cozumel in Mexico, Roatan in Honduras, Belize City and Harvest Caye, the company’s resort-style experience in Belize named the “Best New Cruise Port” by Porthole Cruise Magazine in 2017.
Some of the ship’s highlights include:
- Syd Norman’s Pour House, set to feel like a rock club with vintage décor, diner-style seating, signature cocktails and a playlist of classic rock from the late 1960s to 1980s;
- Broadway entertainment at sea that includes the Tony Award-nominated “Rock of Ages,” “Burn the Floor” and “Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy;”
- The Waterfront, a quarter-mile-long oceanfront promenade;
- Aqua Park and Sports Complex featuring the largest ropes course at sea, five multi-story water slides, miniature golf and more;
- Mandara Spa and Salon with a long list of services;
- Big name dining options such as Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville at Sea;
- Children’s programming including the two-story Splash Academy; and
- The Haven, a private area with suites, dedicated pool and restaurant, concierge service and personal butlers.
For more information on Norwegian Cruise Line’s Breakaway, visit ncl.com.