No products in the cart.

Chefs for a Cure

The 13th annual “Summer Cure Chefs Wine Dinner” on Friday, July 11, was an exclusive ticketed event that offered an evening of live entertainment, including live and silent auctions, dinner prepared by outstanding, award-winning chefs and selected wines by Wine Importers Extraordinaire. All proceeds from the event were donated to Susan G. Komen New Orleans, which the host, Windsor Court Hotel, is proud to support.

The 2014 line up of chefs included: Chef de cuisine Daniel Causgrove, The Grill Room, Windsor Court Hotel; chef Ashley Christensen, Poole’s Downtown Diner, Raleigh, North Carolina; pastry chef Lisa Donovan, Husk Restaurant, Nashville, Tennessee; chef de cuisine Rebecca Wilcomb, Herbsaint; and chef Sue Zemanick, Gautreau’s and Ivy. David Teich, General Manager of Windsor Court Hotel, said that the event was “pleased to highlight some of the great women chefs from around the country,” and that “these chefs are committed to helping Komen raise awareness and funds for breast cancer while having a great time together in the kitchen.”

Since 1992, Komen New Orleans has invested more than $4.4 million in the New Orleans community. Over the course of 12 years, the Summer Cure Chefs Wine Dinners have raised approximately $650,000 toward Komen New Orleans’ mission in the greater New Orleans area. The Komen New Orleans Affiliate invests 75 percent of net proceeds in the eight parish region surrounding New Orleans. The remaining 25 percent is used to fund national breast cancer research to help find cures. Susan G. Komen New Orleans’ mission and promise is to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures.


What:  “House Party 2014,” benefiting the Neighborhood Development Foundation
When:  Saturday, May 10
Where: First NBC Bank


Digital Sponsors

Become a MyNewOrleans.com sponsor ...

Sign up for our FREE

New Orleans Magazine email newsletter

Get the the best in New Orleans dining, shopping, events and more delivered to your inbox.