• 2/3 cup orange juice
• 1 teaspoon roasted poblano peppers
• 1 Tablespoon cooked bacon (we prefer Nueske’s)
• 1 teaspoon shallots, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
• 1 Tablespoon butter
• 6 to 8 mussels
• 3 to 4 Ruby Red grapefruit segments
• 1 teaspoon chives, minced
• 1 small handful frisée lettuce (only the delicate white part, avoid the green pats)
• 1 ounce basic vinaigrette (whatever your favorite is)
Drum or whatever mild white fish you prefer
Salt and pepper to taste
Pat fish dry with a paper towel and sear in a hot pan with canola oil.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
At the same time put all the ingredients for the broth in a pot and simmer for 30 seconds.
Once the broth is simmering, add 6 to 8 mussels, depending on the size, and boil until the mussels open.
To plate, place cooked fish in the bottom of a bowl. Pour broth and mussels over fish and top with mixed salad.