NEW ORLEANS (press release) – The following park events have been cancelled:
Bunny Hops – canceled
Big Bass Fishing Rodeo – canceled
Egg Scramble – canceled
Spring Garden Show – canceled
Thursdays at Twilight – canceled through the first week of May
Kitchen in the Garden events – canceled through the first week of May
Storyland, City Putt, and the Botanical Garden are open but admission will be limited.
Carousel Gardens Amusemnt Park is closed.
Birthday parties are canceled – please email your party contact.
New Orleans Museum of Art – closed
Louisiana Children’s Museum – closed – please contact the museum
New Orleans City Park statement on COVID-19:
As more cases of the coronavirus disease are being identified in the Greater New Orleans area, New Orleans City Park is closely following the CDC recommended actions regarding the coronavirus and are implementing those appropriate to our situation. We ask New Orleans City Park guests to follow the guidance of The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends individual precautionary measures such as:
1. Stay home if you are sick. If you have flu- or cold-like symptoms, stay home to lower the chances of spreading the illness to others.
2. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or face. Mucous membranes of the face-eyes, nose and mouth-are entry portals for many microbes, including coronavirus and the viruses that cause the common cold.
3. Cover your coughs and sneezes. Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue, or cough or sneeze into your elbow. Throw used tissues away. Do not cough or sneeze directly into your hands, because you will spread the microbes from your hands to anything you touch.
4. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Or, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. It is especially important to wash your hands before and after touching your eyes, nose or mouth, after using the bathroom and before eating.
5. Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces. Use a regular household cleaning spray or wipe. Frequently touched objects include keyboards, doorknobs and desks.