This fall, shiny skin is in. Not the kind that needs a powder brush, but accessories stitched from a variety of exotic skins like python and Nile crocodile, camel and ostrich. Shiny patent leather reigns, large sunglasses shield and flatter, cinched belts are back and classic gold jewelry looks more modern than ever.
1. Handcrafted belts in Nile crocodile by Massimiliano Musina at Laurier.
2. Gold necklaces (sold separately) at Miss Smarty Pants.
3. Botkier bronze hobo bag with custom hardware at FeBe.
4. Retta J. Wolff handmade python and ostrich Birkin-style bag at James Napier.
5. Vita skin and 24-kt. gold vermeil cuff bracelets made in Florence, Italy, at Laurier.
6. Calvin Klein Bordeaux patent wedge and Michael Kors grey and black patent peep-toe platform pump at Ele; Via Spiga brown patent pump with rounded-point toe at FeBe.
7. Oliver Peoples and Judith Leiber (jeweled stems) sunglasses at St. Charles Vision.
8. Massimiliano Musina python “Nicole Bag” with suede interior and corner snaps at Laurier.
Ele Shoes & Accessories, 3316 Magazine St., 389-0674; FeBe, 474 Metairie Rd., 835-5250; 115 Metairie Rd., 836-8798; James Napier, 1357 N. Causeway Blvd., Mandeville, 985/951-8015; Laurier, 218 Lee Lane, Covington, 985/875-0823; Miss Smarty Pants, 5523 Magazine St., 891-6141; St. Charles Vision, 8040 St. Charles Ave., 504-866-6311; 3200 Severn Ave., Metairie, 887-2020.