“Father’s Day Flights” Debut at The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
NEW ORLEANS (press release) – To celebrate Father’s Day, The Roosevelt New Orleans, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel is inviting guests and locals to indulge in its “Father’s Day Flights,” a sampling of rare and exquisite whiskeys. The flight will be available in the Fountain Lounge, the hotel’s signature in-house restaurant and bar, June 3 – 16. Flights are $225 per person.
The samplings include:
- Pappy Van Winkle’s 15 Year – The infamous bourbon undisturbed for 15 years to age in deep-charred heavy oak.
- Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Rye – Named after the New Orleans bartender who first used rye whiskey in the famous Sazerac Cocktail, this uncut and unfiltered straight rye whiskey is bottled directly from the barrel, just as it was over a century ago.
- Jim Beam Distiller’s Masterpiece – The most exclusive, highest quality offering within the Beam family. Finished in PX sherry casks for a smooth, rich, full bodied finish.
- Sazerac 18 Year Rye – This straight rye has a mellow spice, dry sweetness and is the key ingredient in “America’s First Cocktail,” known as the Sazerac.
“We couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate the father figures in our lives than by a sampling of rare whiskeys,” said Director of Outlets Justin Sugerman. “We invite everyone to visit the Fountain Lounge between now and June 16 to spend quality time with their loved ones while enjoying the rare thrill of these exquisite whiskeys.”
In addition to the Father’s Day flights, the hotel is celebrating its historic 125th anniversary throughout the year in a variety of ways, including:
- Fountain Lounge offerings: The Roosevelt New Orleans is delighted to serve Chef Carl’s Fried Chicken every Monday, a Burgers & Bubbles menu every Tuesday, ½ off bottles of wine for Wine Down Wednesdays and a signature po-boy paired with a local brew for Tap Take Over Thursdays.
- Sazerac 125: The Sazerac Bar is serving a limited quantity commemorative “Sazerac 125” cocktail, offering a few discerning guests and locals a chance to take a sip of history. The $125 cocktail includes the rare, famed Thomas Handy Rye Whiskey and comes in a commemorative embossed keepsake glass. Only 125 cocktails will be sold.
- Historic Giveback Campaign: The hotel is inviting guests to return items they’ve collected from the hotel over the years – no questions asked – to be displayed in the hotel lobby. Those who submit will be entered to win a stay at the hotel valued at over $15,000. Details available here.
- Rooftop pop-up series: Local chefs will venture to the hotel’s pool deck every Thursday until June 6.
- Rooftop yoga: Held at the hotel’s rooftop pool bar and cabana, this happy hour with a healthy twist will include a workout, cocktails and food.
- “Pick Three” for $18.93: The Fountain Lounge is offering guests the options to choose three items on the menu for $18.93, a nod to the year 1893 when the hotel first opened. Menu available here.