NEW ORLEANS (press release) – A Studio in the Woods is pleased to announce that the 12th annual FORESTival: A Celebration of Art and Nature will be held on Saturday, November 12, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Set in the lush bottomland hardwood forest of A Studio in the Woods, FORESTival is fun for the whole family and feels a world away while still being within the city limits. This year the festival will feature artists and musicians spanning the bayous and waterways of Louisiana – offering everything from Zydeco dance instruction, to a Gulf fish drawing workshop, to New Orleans’ own Shamaar Allen – all in Lower Coast Algiers.
- Music will be provided by Shamarr Allen, Sabine McCalla, and Wayne Singleton & Same Ol’ 2 Step.
- Zydeco dance instruction fromHarold Guillory.
- Artistic presentations by residents and guest artists including Cori Ander, Brandon Ballengée, Jarrell Hamilton and De La SouL Performance Co., Pippin Frisbie-Calder, Shay Nichols, Yudith Nieto, Sha’Condria “Icon” Sibley, and The Weavers Project featuring kai barrow, Willa Conway, and La Tonya Green.
- Environmental Justice Hub presented by Earthworks featuring Another Gulf is Possible, the Congo Square Drum Circle, Healthy Gulf, and RISE St. James.
- Food and drink by Big O’s Pops, Plant Bass Vegan Deli, Top Notch Creole Creations, Zony Mash Beer Project and more.
- Art activities for kids and kids-at-heart alike including our festival favorite Build a Clay Forest.
- Walks in the woods with Tulane University scientists.
- Silent auction of one-of-a-kind art objects and experiences.
“This year we are thrilled to feature artists and organizations from across Louisiana, shining a light on our state’s artistic treasures and environmental challenges alike. We can’t wait to celebrate our unique cultures and dream up new futures together,” said Managing Director Ama Rogan.
FORESTival is the only time during the year that A Studio in the Woods is open to the public at large and this signature celebration of art and nature is not to be missed. Suggested donation is $15 per adult, kids free. All proceeds support the programming of A Studio in the Woods. Located on the Westbank in Lower Algiers at 13401 Patterson Road, New Orleans LA, 70131 – about a 25 minute drive from downtown New Orleans.