NEW ORLEANS (press release) – A Studio in the Woods is pleased to announce that the 11th annual FORESTival: A Celebration of Art and Nature will be held on Saturday, November 13, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Set in the lush bottomland hardwood forest of A Studio in the Woods, FORESTival is fun for the whole family and feels a world away while still being within the city limits. This year, the festival celebrates the 20th anniversary of A Studio in the Woods, which has supported over 200 artists and scholars in its first two decades.
- Music will be provided by kei slaughter, Dr. Michael White & Sidiki Conde, and The Soul Rebels.
- Artistic presentations by residents and guest artists including Brandon Ballengée, ChE, Jeffery Darensbourg, Jane Hill, Andy Horowitz, MILAGROS, Monique Moss, Ripple Effect, and Titos Sompa.
- Food by 12 Seasons Catering, Chicken’s Kitchen, Faubourg Farms, and more.
- Art activities for kids and kids-at-heart alike including our festival favorite Build a Clay Forest.
- Walks in the Woods with Tulane University scientists.
- Silent auction of one-of-a-kind art objects and experiences.
“We are thrilled to welcome our community back to the Woods after a year and a half apart. Time in nature, time together, and time spent engaging with art and music are what our souls need right now. We are excited to provide that in a spacious, safe and beautiful outdoor setting.” said Managing Director Ama Rogan.
FORESTival is the only time during the year that A Studio in the Woods is open to the public at large and this signature celebration of art and nature is not to be missed. Suggested donation is $15 per adult, kids free. All proceeds support the programming of A Studio in the Woods. Located on the west bank in Lower Algiers at 13401 Patterson Road, New Orleans LA, 70131 – about a 25 minute drive from downtown New Orleans.
Proof of vaccination or negative PCR test within 72 hours will be required for those 12 and up to enter. Masks encouraged. We strongly suggest pre-registration for the event at www.astudiointhewoods.org
FORESTival is supported by Crescent Crown Distributing and the New Orleans Tourism and Cultural Fund. This program is funded under a grant from the Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities, the state affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities. Any views, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this program do not necessarily represent those of the National Endowment for the Humanities.