Red Fish Fillets with Lemon Butter, Garlic and Thai Basil
2 6-ounce redfish fillets, boneless and skinless
1 ounce panko bread crumbs
1/4 ounce crushed pecans (no oil added)
2 tablespoons jumbo lump crabmeat
1 tablespoon olive oil
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
1 cup plain, steamed spinach
juice of one lemon
2 sprigs Thai basil, torn
1/2 cup cooked plain brown rice
1 teaspoon butter
1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In an ovenproof sauté pan, heat oil until simmering. Add coated fillets (turning once) and cook until golden.
3. Transfer fillets to glass baking dish drizzled with olive oil and bake about 10 minutes to cook evenly.
4. In a small saucepan, simmer butter; add lemon, garlic, basil, salt and pepper; and reduce for 5-7 minutes.
5. Add cooked crabmeat and pecans and mix.
6. Serve, place fillet over plate of steamed spinach and top with crabmeat mixture. Serve alongside brown rice and garnish with Thai basil or cilantro (optional).
About Chef Diana Chauvin Galle
A first-generation Thai and Cajun chef, Chef Diana Chauvin Galle has taken time-honored recipes passed down from both her mother and grandmother and adapted them for the New Orleans palette at her restaurant, La Thai Uptown. When she’s not in the kitchen, the wife and mother of two pursues design projects, practices yoga and supports local charities, including the Fore! Kids Foundation, Louisiana SPCA and Eat Fit NOLA.