From Russia With Love
A New Orleans style signature cocktail
New Orleans is known for its love of cocktails. Alcoholic beverages can be found at almost any party or gathering, and is a big part of wedding-related events.
New Orleans entrepreneur Joy Wilson, more popularly known as Joy The Baker (@joythebaker), recently shared a cocktail recipe collaboration with Black Box Spirits.
Her Black Box Vodka Frozen Moscow Mule recipe is easy to make, delicious and perfect for any wedding-related party – especially an engagement party or ‘Honey Do’ shower set in this New Orleans heat. It will have your guests cooling down in no time.
What You’ll Need:
For the Ginger Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
For the Moscow Mule:
- 12 ounces chilled vodka
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup ginger syrup
- 2 cups cold ginger beer
- 6 cups ice
- In a small saucepan stir together water, sugar, and ginger. Bring to a simmer and stir until the granulated sugar dissolves. It shouldn't take long at all.
- Remove the syrup from heat, pour into a small bowl or pitcher and allow to cool in the fridge until chilled.
- In a blender, combine vodka, lime juice, ginger syrup, beer, and ice. Start on low to blend and increase speed until the mixture is smooth and frothy.
- Divide between glasses, add an extra spritz of lime and enjoy immediately!
*Recipe by Joy The Baker