Hope House announces Champions for Children Awards Breakfast
NEW ORLEANS (press release) – Children’s Advocacy Center – Hope House, an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to ending the cycle of child sexual abuse on the Northshore, will recognize seven everyday heroes in the community through its new Champions for Children Awards.
Hope House is currently accepting public nominations for ANY individuals who work to improve the quality of life and/or safety of children in St. Tammany or Washington Parish. Nominations must be submitted online at www.cachopehouse.org/events by Friday, July 31 at 11:59 p.m. CT. One award winner will be recognized in each of the following categories:
- Legal/Judicial: An attorney, judge, prosecutor or other legal/judicial professional
- First Responder (St. Tammany): A law enforcement officer or other first responder operating in St. Tammany Parish
- First Responder (Washington): A law enforcement officer or other first responder operating in Washington Parish
- Healthcare: A doctor, nurse, clinical therapist or other professional in the medical or mental health field
- Education: A principal, teacher, coach, school administrator or other education professional
- Public Service: An elected or appointed official at the city, parish or state level
- Volunteer: Someone who has no professional obligations in any of the above categories, but who selflessly donates their time and talents to improving the lives of children in the community
The seven Champions for Children award winners will be honored at an Awards Breakfast on Tuesday, Sept. 29, from 7:30-9 a.m. (Doors/Breakfast from 7:30-8 a.m.; Program from 8-9 a.m.). The event will take place at the Fleur De Lis Event Center in Mandeville. Tickets to the event are $20/person and include a buffet breakfast. Tickets can be purchased at www.cachopehouse.org/events.
Please see the attached press release and images. I hope you will help us spread the word about this exciting program! If you’d like to speak with a Hope House representative, please let me know.