By Lisa Tudor
Photographs by Skip Bolen
Hair by Miranda St. Pierre for Paris Parker/Aveda
Makeup by Theresa Camet for Bamboo Apothecary
Talent: Heather Tattersall and Robert LeBlanc
Production Assistant: Teri Tanenbaum
Photographed on location at Republic New Orleans
Badgley Mischka chocolate jersey gown from Ballin’s; Mizuki glass and gold bead pendant on raw silk cord; Sheila Fajl ring and Rodo python evening bag from Shoefty Garb.
Home for the holidays, and the decision of where to meet friends for an evening of drinks and entertainment is almost as daunting as what to wear when you finally decide. Republic New Orleans rocks New Orleans nightlife with hot musical acts, world-class DJs and frequent fashion shows that conceptually tie-in and benefit local cultural and nonprofit happenings. Located at 828 S. Peters St. in the Warehouse District, the nightclub’s striking ambiance gets a visual assist with floor-to-ceiling Old World murals painted by director Oliver Stone’s set designers for his feature film “JFK.” Comfortable lounge seating, red velvet curtains, pink roses and bottle service cozy up the cavernous two-story space to create a sexy after-party vibe.
Holiday fashion cues are just as evolved with no mixed
messages: Think glamour, dress up, and step outside the box.
You never know whom you might run into after dark.
Sheri Bodell brass grommet-studded white leather coat over Tracy Reese gray short-sleeved silk-knit chemise from Chatta Box; citrine gold loop earrings from FeBe; and Sheila Fajl ring from Shoefty Garb.
Erica Davies midnight-blue chiffon dress with mirror ball tie from Shoefty Garb with a natural ranch mink shawl and silver hoop earrings from Brenchley.
On him: Ibiza black velvet jacket from Perlis and “Defend New Orleans” T-shirt from Turncoats Clothing Exchange. On her: Meteo white shirred rabbit and curly lamb coat over Yigal Azrouel slim tuxedo trousers and Sylvia Heisel silk charmeuse halter from Mimi; Versace sunglasses from St. Charles Vision; silver sparkle hoop earrings from Lady Soho; black acrylic ring by Jane D’Arensbourg from Ogden Museum of Southern Art’s Museum Shop.
To create model Heather Tattersall’s glamorous evening look, master makeup artist Theresa Camet used Laura Mercier Platinum crème color for eyes, Violet Glacé and Snowflake lip color and Pink Mosaic quad for cheeks. The complete line of Laura Mercier is available at Bamboo Apothecary.
On him: Signature 110’s merino wool suit with French-blue Travelers shirt and paisley silk tie from Jos. A. Bank Clothiers.
On her: Rachel Polly full-tie tube dress in moss green from Febe; Anthony Nak citrine and gold earrings from Pied Nu; Whiting & Davis gold chain mail bag from Mira bella; and Charles by Charles David leopard print pumps, available from both Brenchley and Mira bella.
• Ballin’s, 721 Dante St., 866-4367, 806 E. Boston St., Covington, 985/892-0025
• Bamboo Apothecary, 4112 Magazine St., 895-1664
• Brenchley, #2 St. Ann Drive, Mandeville, 985/727-3131
• Chatta Box, 4114 Veterans Blvd., Metairie, 454-1527
• FeBe, 115 Metairie Rd., Metairie, 836-9798
• Lady Soho, 3331 Severn Ave., Metairie, 212-7636
• Mimi, 5500 Magazine St., 269-6464
• Mira bella Shoes, 115 Metairie Rd., Metairie, 828-3888
• Jos. A. Bank Clothiers, 230 Carondelet St., 528-9491, 3213 17th St., Metairie, 620-2265
• The Ogden Museum of Southern Art Museum Shop, 925 Camp St., 539-9600
• Paris Parker Aveda Salons/Spas, 4900 Prytania St., and other locations throughout the New Orleans area, 888/990-2468
• Pied Nu, 5521 Magazine St., 899-4118
• Perlis, 6070 Magazine St., 895-8661, 800-/25-6070; 1281 N. Causeway Blvd., Mandeville, 985/674-1711
• Republic, 828 S. Peters St., 528-8282
• Shoefty Garb, 6010 Magazine St., 896-8737
• St. Charles Vision, 8040 St. Charles Ave., and other locations throughout New Orleans area, New Orleans, 866-6311
• Turncoats Clothing Exchange, 1926 Magazine St., 299-8487