NEW ORLEANS (press release) – Commander’s Palace is set to host a virtual wine & cheese fundraiser for Hurricane Ida recover. Funny hats, costumes, and pets are encouraged.
“We are thrilled to be a beneficiary of the renowned Commander’s Wine & Cheese Party! The money donated will be dedicated to our Hurricane Relief Fund, which is providing grants to Louisiana hospitality workers impacted by Hurricane Ida for housing and utilities assistance,” says Jennifer Kelley, executive director of Louisiana Hospitality Foundation. “So many of our industry workers went without pay for days, in some cases weeks, and still have their bills to pay. And the timing of the storm couldn’t be worse for an industry that was already wrecked by the pandemic and the slow summer business season. We are grateful to the Commander’s family for their pledge to help us help our hospitality workers in need.”
“At NOCHI, we believe in working hard and playing hard – working hard on behalf of our incredible New Orleans community while enjoying the great food and culture of the city we call home, says Leah Sarris, executive director of the New Orleans Culinary & Hospitality Institute. “As we’ve worked quickly to prioritize Hurricane Ida relief work with our partner, World Central Kitchen, we are more grateful than ever for the generous support of Commander’s Palace that continues makes our work possible and filled with deep appreciation for the people and spirit of New Orleans.”
“The farmers, fishers, and vendors that partner with Crescent City Farmers Market experienced almost $1.5 million in damages collectively as a result of Hurricane Ida,” says Executive Director, Cordelia Heaney. The support from the Commander’s Palace fundraiser will go directly to benefit the people who produce the food we love, and are critical to the unique food culture of Southeast Louisiana.”
WHEN & WHERE:
The Wine and Cheese Fundraiser will take place virtually, via Zoom, on Oct. 13.
Expect the unexpected as the extended 90-minute virtual cocktail party will feature wine and cheesemakers, award winning musicians, and Commander’s Palace icons from all over the world. Experience the ambiance and flavor of Jazz Fest from the comfort of your living room.
NATIONAL TICKET PACKAGES:
National ticket packages must be purchased no later than Sept. 22 for ground delivery and by Sept. 29 for 2-day shipping via the WineVIP website.
- THE I MISS JAZZ FEST 3 BOTTLE PACK (perfect for 4 people) – $229.99 plus sales tax and fees – includes three bottles of wine, two ~8-ounce portions of artisanal cheese, crackers and sometimes some other goodies (wink wink), and the chance to make fun of Dan’s bowtie.
- THE I REALLY MISS JAZZ FEST 6 BOTTLE PACK (6 people) – $309.99 plus sales tax and fees – six specially curated bottles of wine and two ~8-ounce portions of artisanal cheese, crackers and sometimes some other goodies (wink wink) or four – six people.
- THE IN TRUE NEW ORLEANS STYLE 3 BOTTLE + INNER PACK (4 people) – $299.99 plus sales tax and fees – everything in the three-bottle pack plus for the first time ever, a quintessential Creole dinner crafted personally from Chef Meg and the Commander’s Palace culinary team.
LOCALS PICK-UP & DELIVERY PACKAGES
Local delivery to Orleans Parish addresses only. Pick up details for Orleans Parish at Commander’s Palace and other locations outside of Orleans Parish are available. Details on ordering can be found on Eventbrite.
- ORLEANS WINE & CHEESE PARTY (2-4 people) – $145 plus sales tax and Eventbrite fees – includes three bottles of wine, two ~8-ounce portions of artisanal cheese, some crackers and sometimes some other goodies, and the chance to make fun of Dan’s bowtie.
- ORLEANS MORE CHEESE PLEASE(4-6 people) – increase to cheese service for four – six people – only $34 more.
- JUST CAN’T GET ENOUGH – (8-10 people) $575 plus sales tax and Eventbrite fees. Four to six cheese selections that fit our theme for the week along with crackers, artisanal bread, and other goodies. Eight bottles of wine, including the three that will be discussed with the Zoom group and five other fabulous selections from the Commander’s Palace wine cellar.
- WEEKEND WINE BUNDLE – This is only an option for Orleans Parish orders who have purchased a tasting ticket. Add on to your wine/cheese tasting with 4 bottles of fantastic French wines for $60. One bottle each: Commander’s Palace Cuvée Brut Crémant de Bourgogne, Commander’s Palace Chardonnay by Bruno Lafon, Commander’s Palace Gold Label Reserve Pinot Noir by Bruno Lafon, and Commander’s Palace Cabernet Sauvignon by Bruno Lafon.
- MAKE IT DINNER! – Didn’t think it was possible to make it any better, did ya? With this option, you can add-on dinner – to any of the above packages – for up to four people for an additional $44.99. The “Make It Dinner” option adds a quart of Gulf Shrimp Creole with Smoked Chicken & Andouille Jambalaya. For Orleans Parish pickup/delivery ONLY.