NEW ORLEANS (press release) – Looking for the picture-perfect event this holiday season? Look no further than JAMNOLA. With the holidays in full swing, the team at JAMNOLA has announced new additions to their 12-room exhibition through Jan. 3.
Visitors will experience over-the-top holiday décor, including “Safe Santa & Friends,” a real-life Santa Claus, or holiday elf, photo ready, inside a life-size snow globe. It’s the perfect 2020 solution to keeping Santa and his friends safe while interacting with adoring fans this holiday season. Santa or one of his many elves will be at JAMNOLA Wednesdays-Fridays each week in December. Guests wanting a picture with our North Pole visitors are are encouraged to check www.jamnola.com for their schedule before booking tickets.
Additional features and activities include:
- WinterJAM: When you walk into JAMANOLA, you will be greeted by 6-foot tall Nutcrackers surrounded by decorated trees and sparkling lights. A winter-wonderland to get you in the spirit of the holidays.
- Who Dot?: JAMNOLA’s digital collage will transform to pay tribute to Fred Parker, locally known as 7th Ward Santa. The team wanted to honor the famous Santa after he passed earlier this year. Who Dot? will feature years of holiday photos with 7th Ward Santa.
- Winter Feather Forest: The Feather Forest features recycled materials re- purposed into chandeliers, feathers and more. The room has been transformed into a can’t-miss holiday sight.
- Spirit Tree Room: A decorated Hanukkah Bush will be featured next to the Spirit Tree.
- Joy of Crawfish: Santa arrived early at JAMNOLA and got stuck while enjoying some crawfish straight out of the pot. Take a picture with the upside-down Santa and giant crawfish next to the fireplace.
- Umbrella Strut: New parasols on the walls of Umbrella Strut feature elaborate red, green, blue and white designs representing Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa. JAMNOLA will also welcome members of the Babydoll sisterhood struttin’ in holiday garb.
- Costume Closet: Krewe of Krampus will be rolling in with one of their parade floats into JAMNOLA’s fan-favorite Costume Closet. If that’s not enough for you, costumed krewe members will also be onsite on the weekends for one of the more unique holiday photo opportunities.
- George Porter Jr.’s Holiday Playlist: Legendary musician George Porter Jr. of The Meters has created a custom holiday playlist featuring Louisiana artists that will play throughout JAMNOLA. Take in all the holiday décor while listening to Louis Armstrong’s “Christmas Time in New Orleans,” Art Neville’s “Christmas Gumbo,” Wild Magnolias’ “Shakana Santa Shake It,” Harry Connick Jr.’s “(It Must’ve Been) Ol’ Santa Claus” and more.
- Artist Sidewalk Sales: Supporting local artists is crucial to JAMNOLA. Artists are creating an outdoor holiday market where you’ll find the perfect Christmas gifts for family and friends. If you’re visiting on a Saturday or Sunday (12-5 p.m.), come a few minutes early to peruse the tables.
TICKETS: General admission tickets are $29 for adults and $20 for children. Kids ages 2 & under are free. Tickets can be purchased online at www.jamnola.com. Ticket reservations are required; no walk-ins.
Guests and artists/staff must submit to temperature checks upon arrival and will be required to wear masks throughout the experience.
WHEN: The festive exhibitions will stay through the holidays, ending on January 3.
WHERE: JAMNOLA, 2832 Royal Street, New Orleans, LA 70117