NEW ORLEANS (press release) – We’re riding our bikes with our friends and family again, and bike lanes are even filling up as many of us enjoy the new 20+ miles of interconnected protected bikeways throughout the city.
This Giving Tuesday, Bike Easy is celebrating How We Bike Easy by launching their month-long end-of-year fundraiser. The organization aims to raise $25,000 to expand the Bike Easy programs.
All month long, Bike Easy be getting back to basics to highlight how their programs help make bicycling easy, safe, and fun for everyone in Greater New Orleans.
Bike Easy shared the following in a press release about Giving Tuesday:
We’re so grateful for the time and efforts of our staff, board members, volunteers, and Bike Easy Members. With help of community members like you, our programs and staff adapted our operations to make an impact during this ever-changing time. We hope to celebrate our important work, like:
- Matching 64 people with a bicycle for our #BikeMatch program, ranking our program #1 nationwide
- Raising over $14,000 during this year’s Bike Easy’s Scavenger Hunt with over 200 RSVPs to the event
- Distributing 75 bike light sets at bike light giveaways throughout the city
- Reaching over 263 youth with our in-person and virtual programming to teach safe bicycling and walking
- Growing our Membership Discount Program to now include 13 businesses total (over half are women-owned)
In our “new normal”, we’re all still enjoying the benefits of biking in Greater New Orleans.