Central American Pinchos
1 large onion
1 large bell pepper
1 small watermelon
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
2 Tablespoon chicken bouillon
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 Tablespoon of Sazon Complete
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups of pineapple juice
2 cups of orange juice
3 Tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing the pinchos
1 1/2 lbs chicken breast
1 1/2 lbs ribeye
1. Place the cumin, cinnamon, chicken bouillon, cayenne pepper, Sazon Complete, orange juice, pineapple juice and olive oil in a blender or food processor and process to a paste.
2. Place the chicken and ribeye in a bowl and scrape the marinade into the bowl and toss to combine thoroughly.
3. Cover the bowl and refrigerate the meat for 4 to 6 hours, tossing a few times. Let the meat come to room temperature before grilling.
4. Light the grill and preheat it to medium-high or preheat a large
ridged grill pan to medium-high
over medium heat.
5. When ready to cook, thread the meat, pieces of onions, pepper, watermelon
and pineapple onto skewers and brush with a little olive oil.
6. Cook the meat, brushing with olive oil and turning once, until it’s just cooked through – about 5 to 7 minutes. Serve the pinchos at once with rice, beans, tortillas and escaveche onions.
Mayas Restaurant & Bar
2027 Magazine St. | 309-3401