COVINGTON, La (press release) – The public is invited to join Lakeview Regional Medical Center, a campus of Tulane Medical Center, in its annual gift and toy drive. The hospital is collecting new, unwrapped gifts and toys for seniors and teens to be donated to St. Tammany Project Christmas. This local nonprofit organization provides presents for those in need and food for a family Christmas dinner. The gifts are given to the parents the week before Christmas so that they can surprise their children with gifts on Christmas morning. The seniors will be given gifts during the holiday week.
Toys for all ages are accepted; however, older children, ages 13 – 17, are often overlooked during toy drives.
St. Tammany Project Christmas recommends the following list of affordable gifts for teens:
· Sports equipment: basketballs, soccer balls, baseballs and gloves, footballs, tennis rackets, tennis balls
· Art supplies: colored pencils, paint, brushes, sketch pads
· Games: board games, card games
· Jewelry and purses
· Make-up, lotion, perfume
· Hats and scarves
· Blankets and fuzzy socks
“Don’t forget the seniors in our community this Christmas,” said Tiche Bodet, Lakeview Regional Guest Services Manager. “We are also collecting gift items and gift cards to brighten the holiday season for our senior residents with no family or friends. At Lakeview, seniority matters, even during the holidays.”
Gift ideas for seniors include:
· Dishes, pots & pans, small appliances, alarm clocks
· Electric shavers
· Fleece throws, pillows, towels
· Gift box sets (for nails, cologne, bath accessories, etc.)
· Hats, gloves, scarves
· Jewelry, jewelry boxes
· Wallets, purses, wristlets
· Gift Cards: Barnes & Noble, Bath & Body Works, Ulta, movie theaters, restaurants; no big box stores, please
Monday, Nov. 29, through Wednesday, Dec. 8
Drop off new, unwrapped gifts or gift cards to:
Lakeview Regional Medical Center
Human Resources Department (Mon. – Fri., 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
Guest Services Desk (PBX) (Nights and weekends)
95 Judge Tanner Blvd., Covington, LA
For more information, call Tiche Bodet at (985) 867-4166.
St. Tammany Project Christmas Inc. is a 501c3 charitable corporation that operates on donations of money and gifts from public and private agencies, businesses, churches, civic organizations, and individuals.