NEW ORLEANS (press release) – The Roosevelt New Orleans, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel is inviting locals and visitors alike to celebrate Carnival in its legendary property. Since 1893 the hotel has embodied everything that makes New Orleans one of the world’s greatest destinations. Presidents, royalty from around the world, and New Orleans’ own kings and queens of Carnival have added sparkle to the landmark. The hotel is celebrating the 2020 Carnival Season with edible cocktails, a pop-up bar, extended Sazerac Bar hours and more.
During Mardi Gras and the weekend prior, Feb. 21 – 23, guests can experience:
- Edible cocktails in festive Mardi Gras colors available for purchase
- Pop-Up Bar outside of Teddy’s Cafe Friday through Monday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Tuesday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Chef Carl’s Fried Chicken on Lundi Gras from 5 to 10 p.m. in The Fountain Lounge
- Fountain Lounge availability on Mardi Gras Day from 6:30 to 11 a.m. for breakfast and 11:30 a.m. until 9 p.m. for lunch and dinner
- Extended Sazerac Bar Hours: 9 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday the weekend before Mardi Gras
- Special Mardi Gras Up-Lighting in the lobby