You don’t have to be a native New Orleanian to understand how vital music is to the soul and heartbeat of the city. Next to the food, music is arguably one of the most important parts of any gathering or party, especially a wedding. It gives a wedding the life and personality. The music, or entertainment, embodies the essence of the couple and brings the guests together in celebration.
In the latest issue of New Orleans Bride Magazine, writer (and musician) Michael Patrick Welch dives into the New Orleans music scene and the best options for every aspect of a New Orleans wedding.
Click here to read “Local Licks” from the Summer 2015 issue.
Are you still looking for tunes for your honeymoon? These songs by homegrown artists are sure to get you and your newly sworn spouse in the mood for love.
• “Southern Nights,” Allen Toussaint
• “Casanova,” Rebirth Brass Band
• “Be My Lady,” Trombone Shorty
• “Do You Want it,” Papa Grows Funk
• “Such a Night,” Dr. John
• “Extra Ordinary,” Better than Ezra
• “Tell It Like It Is,” Aaron Neville
• “Ruler of my Heart,” Irma Thomas
• “White,” Frank Ocean
• “Drift Away,” The Neville Brothers
• “Sweet Substitute,” Jelly Roll Morton’s Hot Seven