In the heart of a city where architecture and history are often signified by exposed brick and cobblestone pathways there is a hidden gem tucked away in the Jax Brewery Building. The new Jaxson on the River, is feet from Jackson Square and has 6,000 square feet of open floor space waiting to be filled with celebration, dancing and laughter. Jaxson on the River offers couples a contemporary oasis overlooking the Mississippi river. Sleek lines, neutral colors and the opportunity to bring your own style and flare into the space gives couples endless possibilities when it comes to planning their dream wedding.
“We wanted metropolitan,” says interior designer Robin Roberts. “But, we also wanted the warmth and charm of the French Quarter.”
The entire space consists of the Decatur Room, Main Room, River Room and the terrace. Up to 375 guests can be accommodated cocktail style with the option of a seated reception of 200 guests.
We love the openness of the floor plan and the transition onto the terrace. The terrace, decorated with potted magnolia trees, brings Southern garden party flair to the space.
For a $6,000 venue fee, couples have the ability to second line from any church or ceremony space in the French Quarter and walk to a multitude of hotels in the area.
The venue is sound proof with a state of the art sound system, in-house sound and lighting technician and video capabilities.
- Cost starts at $60 per person
- Average beverage costs is $30 per person for three hours
- Jaxson on the River has a partnership with New Orleans Catering, but gives the option to hire your own caterer.
- Included in venue rental fee:
- Tables and chairs
- Outdoor furniture
The Jaxson was designed by interior designer Robin Roberts.
- Art by Mike Fennely
- Banquettes by Shane Porter of Interior Specialties, LLC.
- Draps and VIP stage by Brandon Williams
- Bar top is quartzite and virtually indisctructable
- Wood ceilings and stripped diry pine doors
- Jaxson bar sign by David Borgerding (local artist and iron sculpture)
- burnished metal with laser cut logo and back lighting
- Exposed brick, wood beams and white walls throughout
Double Cirque Chandelier by Hubbardton Forge
Tropic Up/Downlight Suspension by Lightology Collection.