Looks Like Team Spirit
Best NOLA-based brands perfect for game day
Team spirit is everywhere during the fall season. Whether it’s for a high school, club, college or our beloved New Orleans Saints, we’re all rooting for something or someone. You know what team I’m really rooting for right now? Team New Orleans. The city itself and its fantastic people. Consider this post my personal stadium crowd wave by shouting out the names of locally-owned brands to support. I think we can support our local sports teams and entrepreneurial talent at the same time, right? I promise, you will find no shortage of creativity and options.
* Notes the most sustainable options and/or a brand with products manufactured in New Orleans
Sparkle City- LSU graduate Margo Sanders Cory started designing by sewing costumes for movies, debutant parties and Mardi Gras. Her local brand has the look that all the young girls will want to wear. Standouts are the tiger stripe midi skirt and cropped sweater and the Black tiger shoulder dress .
*Fringe Co. – The founder of this all-inclusive brand, Kelsey Campion, quit her real job and opened a factory in Mid-City to create party wear for all. The pom pom earrings are great for Saints games or just being EXTRA any day of the week.
*Nola Couture- This brand is female-owned and makes a chunk of their designs in a factory on the Westbank. I’m loving the Green Wave and LSU Tiger ties . And if your pup is rolling with you, this leash is essential.
More Game Day Attire:
1) Purse Strap at Phina Shop
2) Tiger pendants by Mimosa Handcrafted
3) Eye of the Tiger bow tie at Nola Couture
4) Green wave cuff links at Perlis
5) Short sleeved sweater at Sparkle City
6) Obsidian arrowhead earrings by Porter Lyons
7) Saints sweater by Sparkle City
8) Fleur de Lis Key Chain by Mignon Faget
9) Neck Gaiter at Perlis