Each year, we comb the state in search of Louisianians doing great things at home and, potentially, around the country or even the world. We look for individuals who stand out in their professions, give back and represent what’s best about the Pelican State. From teachers and artists to healthcare and business professionals, these are the people who enhance our daily lives in more ways than one. We are thrilled to present to you our 2021 Louisianians of the Year.
- Philanthropy – Bob Thames, Manager at Great Raft Brewing, Shreveport.
- Business – Kevin Wilkins, Trepwise, New Orleans.
- Conservation – John M Barry, New Orleans.
- Culture – Herman Fuselier, Opelousas.
- Music – PJ Morton, New Orleans.
- Education – Nathalie Roy, East Baton Rouge Parish.
- Healthcare – Jennifer Garnand, New Orleans.
- Art – Morris Taft Thomas, Alexandria.
- Culinary – Melissa Martin, New Orleans-based, Chauvin part-time.