NEW ORLEANS (press release) – New Orleans Entrepreneur Week (NOEW), presented by JPMorgan Chase & Co. and co-produced by the A. B. Freeman School of Business at Tulane University and The Idea Village, released its full schedule of events slated for March 25-29. Now in its 11th year, NOEW is a week-long business summit celebrating entrepreneurship and innovation in the region. NOEW is comprised of a series of events featuring keynote speakers, startup pitch competitions, workshops and networking socials around the city – and all open to the public. Attendees must register at www.NOEW.org.
NOEW has two types of programming: “NOEW in Your Neighborhood,” which encompasses NOEW partner events happening March 24-28 at locations across the city. The “NOEW Summit” is a conference-style event happening March 28-29 at the Ace Hotel in downtown New Orleans.
**View the full schedule of 130+ events at: www.noew.org/events/day**
New Orleans Entrepreneur Week 2019 Programming Includes:
NOEW In Your Neighborhood Community & Social Events (March 24–28)
NOEW works with local nonprofit partners and organizations to host events that take place in locations across the city, making NOEW a citywide affair that’s more accessible and engaging in neighborhoods across the Greater New Orleans region – and offering locals a better opportunity to participate near where they work or live.
Select events include:
- Junior League of New Orleans’ Woman Entrepreneur Fellowship Pitch Competition: With its focus on advancing the wellbeing of women, the Junior League of New Orleans created the Woman Entrepreneur Fellowship in the belief that increasing business opportunities for women improves the local economy. Attend this pitch competition where one female founder will win a $7,500 grant plus mentoring and in-kind services. This year’s finalists include Cocktail & Sons, FAIT I NOLA, Girls Gone Buff, Southern Swings Nail Bar & Spa and Visionary Entertainment Media Group.
- WHEN: Monday, March 25, 6 p.m. at NOLA Brewery
- Revitalizing "Black Main Street": Small Business on the Claiborne Corridor – Join Launch NOLA and the Claiborne Corridor Cultural Innovation District (CID) for a day of events honoring the past and celebrating the future of small business on New Orleans' "Black Main Street": Claiborne Avenue.
- WHEN: Tuesday, March 26, 11 a.m. at Launch NOLA
- 4th Annual Ada Lovelace Women in Technology Awards – The Ada Lovelace Awards recognize the accomplishments of women from across the Gulf South region, including Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida and Texas. Nominees must currently live in one of these six states.
- WHEN: Tuesday, March 26, 7:30 p.m. at the Civic Theater
- NOEW Kickoff Party – Kickoff the start of the NOEW Summit by networking and meeting fellow professionals at the official opening celebration. Big Sam´s Funky Nation will perform at this open event. Attendees must register online at NOEW.org.
- WHEN: Wednesday, March 27, 6 p.m. at NOLA Brewery
- Bayou Bazaar: A Neighborhood Market – Fund 17 presents Bayou Bazaar: a neighborhood market that creates impact. Shop, network and support the local economy at this night market showcasing community entrepreneurs. Enjoy music, food and drinks in the setting of a bustling outdoor market. Vendors will include entrepreneurs who have grown their businesses through Fund 17 programs. Expect delicious food, unique art, creative apparel, bath and beauty products and more. Bar sales and raffle will support Fund 17's entrepreneurial empowerment programs.
- WHEN: Thursday, March 28, 6 p.m. at Fund 17
NOEW Summit (March 28–29)
The culmination of NOEW, the summit offers two days of educational sessions, keynote speakers, pitch competitions and networking events at the Ace Hotel.
Select events include:
- 3 P’s of Business: People, Process and Product – Speaker: Marcus Lemonis, CEO Good Sam Enterprises/CEO Camping World Holdings
- Marcus Lemonis – America’s number one business turnaround artist, a self-made business titan and serial entrepreneur, will share secrets of business success with hundreds of attendees to breathe new life into their business ventures and aspirations.
- WHEN: Thursday, March 28, 3:45-4:45 p.m. at the Ace Hotel
- How the First Wave Informs the Third: Keynote Panel with Walter Isaacson, Jim Clark & Jim Barksdale
- Netscape Communications Corp. is credited with launching the rapid growth of the Internet in the mid-1990s, as well as initiating the IPO and Internet stock market boom during this period. Its founder, technology pioneer Jim Clark, also founded Shutterfly, WebMD, and most recently CommandScape. In this special conversation at NOEW 2019 moderated by Walter Isaacson, The Idea Village and the Freeman School are grateful to bring Clark and Barksdale back together to tell the story of how, along with Marc Andreessen and a core group of programmers, they turned an esoteric computer program into a visionary new technology used by millions—and to discuss how their experiences should change the way we think about new startups today.
- WHEN: Friday, March 29, 12-1 p.m., at the Ace Hotel
- Jim Coulter Keynote and IDEApitch Competition
- Funded by Jim and Penny Coulter and Patrick Comer, the IDEApitch presented by IBERIABANK is the premier showcase for emerging startups poised for rapid growth in the New Orleans region. The competition awards a $50,000 investment prize held by The Idea Village in the winning company's next open round of funding. This culminating event of NOEW is an opportunity for our region's next three break-out companies to announce themselves on a national stage by pitching to an esteemed panel of local and national investors in front of a live audience. Previous IDEApitch participants include Audiosocket, Bioceptive, Kickboard, Lucid, MobileQubes, Quarrio, Spectrum Interactive, SuperEats, Torsh, Your Nutrition Delivered, zlien, Acrew and AxoSim, who won in 2018.
- WHEN: Friday, March 29, 5:30-8 p.m.
VIP Tickets Now Available
NOEW is now offering VIP tickets for $250. VIP tickets include:
- Access to VIP lounge during NOEW Summit (free snacks and beverages)
- First come, first served reserved seating for keynotes
- Opportunities for keynote meet & greets
- Additional swag and prizes