NEW ORLEANS (press release) – New Orleans Culinary and Hospitality Institute (NOCHI) held the commencement ceremony for its second graduating class Friday, Dec. 20 in the school’s McIlhenny Hall. James Beard Award-winning Chef Donald Link sent off the Fall 2019 class with a keynote address. The commencement ceremony was open to NOCHI students and their family and friends.
Graduates of the NOCHI inaugural class received either a Culinary Arts Certificate or a Baking & Pastry Arts Certificate after having completed the intensive programs with a curriculum that covers 26 subjects over the course of 100 working days. Upon graduation, students will take jobs at restaurants including Brennan’s, True Food Kitchen, Justine, and Costera.
- Leah Sarris (NOCHI Executive Director)
- Chef Zak Miller (NOCHI Baking & Pastry Arts Instructor)
- Chef Allison Vines-Rushing (NOCHI Culinary Arts Instructor)
- Chef Donald Link (Chef/Owner of The Link Restaurant Group)
- NOCHI Culinary Arts Valedictorian and Baking & Pastry Arts Valedictorian
Friday Dec. 20, 2019 from 10:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
New Orleans Culinary and Hospitality Institute
725 Howard Ave
New Orleans, LA 70130