GRETNA, La (press release) – Ochsner Health and Oakwood Center have announced a COVID-19 vaccination site inside the Gretna retail center, open Thursday, July 22, through Saturday, July 24. Ochsner will offer first and second doses of the Pfizer vaccine and the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine from 11 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Appointments are encouraged, but walk-ins are welcome at the site as supply allows.
“Our community is in the midst of another COVID-19 surge and vaccination is the way to keep ourselves, our families and our communities safe and well,” said Sandra Kemmerly, MD, infectious disease specialist and medical director of hospital quality, Ochsner Health. “We are excited to partner with Oakwood Center to bring vaccination opportunities to the West Bank in a convenient location. By bringing vaccines and resources to people where they are, we are removing barriers that may delay or prevent people from taking the life-saving vaccine.”
The Oakwood Center site is one of many community-based vaccination locations Ochsner is hosting across the state. Additional dates may be added at this site, based on demand.
Where is the Ochsner vaccine site located at Oakwood Center?
- Ochsner’s vaccination site is in the space formerly occupied by Ulta.
- For a map of Oakwood Center, please visit https://www.oakwoodcenter.com/en/directory/.
Eligible community members can make an appointment in the following ways:
- Existing MyOchsner users can log on to schedule.
- If you would like to setup a MyOchsner account, please visit myochsner.org.
- Call 844-888-2772.
- Walk-ins are welcome as supply allows.
Who is eligible to get the Pfizer vaccine?
- Currently, everyone ages 12 and older is eligible to receive the Pfizer vaccine.
- Minors under the age of 18 will need consent from a parent or legal guardian.
When will my second dose be scheduled?
- Community members will be automatically scheduled for the second dose with the option to reschedule, if needed.
Who is eligible for the J&J vaccine?
- Everyone ages 18 and older is eligible to receive the single-dose J&J vaccine.
What should I bring to my vaccination appointment?
- A photo ID (passport, driver’s license, etc.) and your insurance card, if available.
- There is no cost to the patient, and no one will be turned away based on their insurance status.
Where else can I get my vaccine?
- Appointments across Ochsner Health clinics and community sites are available daily.
- Please check https://www.ochsner.org/appointment-availability for availability near you.