NEW ORLEANS (press release) – The Urban League of Louisiana, and presenting sponsor Ochsner Health, are proud to announce that the free Big Health Event is coming to the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. The event will be held on Saturday, Sept. 17, in Hall “J” from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Big Health Event is the latest strategy being advanced by Ochsner Health to improve health care access, and to advance health equity and better health outcomes for communities across Louisiana. The Big Health Event is free and open to the public.
The Big Health Event will include:
- Free Health Screenings
- Candid Conversations
- Healthy Culinary Demonstrations by Top New Orleans Chefs
- A Movement Zone with Personal Trainers, Exercise, Yoga and Zumba Classes
- A Children’s Zone with Sports and STEM Activities
- Specialized Pediatrics, Elderly Care, and Women and Men’s Health Information and Resources
- Ochsner Career Café and Supplier Diversity Opportunities
Available FREE Screenings:
- Blood Pressure Cholesterol (Non-Fasting)
- Diabetes /Glucose (Non-Fasting)
- Cognitive Testing
- Height, Weight, BMI, and Hip Assessment
- Lung Capacity
- Vision (Adult and Pediatric Age 5-11)
- Medication Review
- Prostate Cancer (PSA Test)
- Flu Shot
- COVID-19 Vaccination/Booster (Adult and Pediatric Ages 5-11)
- Bone Density
- Language and Articulation (Pediatric)
To help create a Healthy State by 2030, an ambitious plan to lift Louisiana off the bottom of health rankings, Ochsner is teaming up with dozens of partnering organizations, including the Urban League of Louisiana. Together, we are enacting plans to reduce child poverty, smoking, obesity, low birth weights, cardiovascular and cancer deaths, as well as chronic conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure and COPD. Those efforts are being deployed in step with our plans to address non-clinical issues that impact public health, including income inequality, food insecurity, workforce development and broadband access. To advance this mission, in the coming months, Ochsner Health and the Urban League of Louisiana will bring The Big Health Event to more communities across the state.