Archbishop Chapelle High School
8800 Veterans Boulevard, Metairie
(504) 468-9090 • www.archbishopchapelle.orgArchbishop Chapelle High School, a nationally recognized leader in the education of young women in grades 8 through 12, prepares its students spiritually, academically and socially for college and career success. Chapelle offers a challenging academic program, a competitive sports program and an excellent fine arts program. To learn more about the educational advantages of our new one to one computing initiative, please call the Admissions Office.
Archbishop Rummel High School
1901 Severn Avenue, Metairie
(504) 834-5592 • www.rummelraiders.comArchbishop Rummel’s Open House is scheduled for Thursday, October 30, 2008. Open House gives prospective applicants and their parents a look into the school’s academic and extracurricular programs. Faculty, staff and student representatives are present to answer questions visitors may have. Prospective students are strongly encouraged to attend as many students say this event is what helped them to decide Archbishop Rummel High School as their high school of choice.
Arden Cahill Academy
3101 Wall Boulevard, Gretna
(504) 392-0902 • www.ardencahillacademy.comFounded in 1968, it is the purpose of Arden Cahill Academy to create a wholesome setting for learning, where each student may grow and mature intellectually, socially, emotionally, physically and morally. Arden Cahill Academy offers a co-education environment rooted in academic excellence and cultural enrichment for children 2 months-8th grade. Please call for a tour of the 12-acre campus.
Benjamin Franklin High School
2001 Leon C. Simon, New Orleans
(504) 286-2600 • www.benfranklinhighschool.orgBenjamin Franklin High School was founded in 1957 to promote excellence among high school students. In addition to being the No. 1 public high school in Louisiana, Franklin has been repeatedly recognized by Newsweek as a public “elite” school and is the top Advanced Placement school in the Southern region. Franklin serves a population of students with high academic potential: 99.5 percent of each graduating class enters college, winning acceptance to the most prestigious universities in the country.
Brother Martin High School
4401 Elysian Fields Avenue, New Orleans
(504) 283-1561 • www.brothermartin.comAt Brother Martin, the 139 year educational tradition of the Brothers of the Sacred Heart is grounded in a holistic approach to education. We believe that students learn through their experience of the total school environment. We devote ourselves to a community spirit that is characterized by Christian values, an insistence on an orderly and disciplined atmosphere, a personal approach to education and a firm commitment to academic excellence.
1400 Moss Street, New Orleans
504.483.8699 • www.cabrinihigh.comOn Holy Ground stand buildings designed and lived in by American’s first saint, St. Frances Xavier Cabrini. Here today, Cabrini High School, instills in young women not only the zeal for life long learning, but also the core values of respect, excellence and service. Cabrini girls become leaders in professions ranging from broadcast journalists to physicians and attorneys. More importantly, they become great women. Cabrini – a Unique Experience. Open House: Oct. 2.
607 Heavens Drive, Mandeville, LA 70471
(985) 845-7111 • www.cedarwoodschool.comOpen House Date: Thursday, October 23rd at 9 a.m.
Celebrating 25 years, Cedarwood has earned a reputation as one of the nation’s finest private schools. Founded upon the basic principles of individualized instruction, Cedarwood offers a stimulating academic program combined with sensitivity to children’s developmental needs. Currently, serving 375 preschool (2 years-5 years) through 7th grade students, we invite you to come and tour our campus during our upcoming open houses. For more information contact Admissions Director Cindy Braud.
Christian Brothers School
8 Friederichs Avenue – City Park, New Orleans
(504) 486-6770 • www.cbs-no.orgGuests can meet members of the faculty, administration and student and parent bodies. The school will also provide tours of the campus and allow guests to become familiar with the admissions process, curricular and extracurricular activities. Group presentations will be repeated several times throughout the evening, and refreshments will be provided at the end of the tour. Date and time: Thursday, October 16, 7 p.m.
De La Salle High School
5300 Saint Charles Avenue, New Orleans
(504) 895-5717 • www.delasallenola.comDe La Salle High School offers Advanced Placement courses in English, social studies and science as part of its Honors curriculum. Learn more about the outstanding academic programs and wide variety of sports and extracurricular activities by calling Admissions Director Tom Waguespack at 895-5717. Open House is on Sunday, Nov. 2 from 6 p.m.-8 p.m. tour the school, meet the outstanding faculty and learn more about our course offerings.
5236 Glendale Street, Metairie
(504) 887-3507 • www.ecoleclassique.comEcole Classique – “The Family School” – Smaller Classes, More Attention, Better Results. Two year olds-12th graders. Founded by Sal Federico, Ecole Classique has offered a college prep education to area students for over 50 years. Ecole believes that all students can succeed when offered the opportunity to learn in a small, caring environment. Also, the Freeman Learning Center offers the same quality education to students with language learning differences.
300 Colonial Club Drive, Harahan
(504) 737-9554 • www.faithlutheran-school.comFaith Lutheran offers a state-approved, standards-based curriculum for grades Pre-Kindergarten-8th grade. In addition, students receive technological instruction in a fully-equipped computer lab and participate in a Spanish language program. Faith hosts an informal Open House called "Welcome Wednesdays" from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. year round, including the summer months. More formal Open House dates are planned for Aug. 12th 9 a.m.-6:30 p.m., Oct. 21st and Jan. 13th 9-11:30 a.m. and 4-6:30 p.m.
Holy Rosary High School
3368 Esplanade Avenue, New Orleans
Holy Rosary High School, a 7-12 college prep school, offers hands-on, cross-curricula learning so you can connect to the world around you; alternative assessments, so you can discover your own learning style; and small classes so you can receive individual attention – all in a Catholic, co-educational setting. HRHS helps you believe in yourself, and succeed academically. Our Open House is Oct. 28 from 5-7 p.m.
International School of Louisiana
1400 Camp Street, New Orleans
(504) 654-1088 • www.ISL-edu.orgNamed “2007 Charter School of the Year” by the Center for Education Reform, The International School of Louisiana is a tuition-free charter school where children learn to embrace diversity in their community as they become citizens of the world. Its innovative language immersion program strengthens academic skills while preparing students for tomorrow’s global economy. At ISL, faculty and staff are dedicated to helping each child reach personal and academic success.
Isidore Newman School
1903 Jefferson Avenue, New Orleans
(504) 899-5641 • www.newmanschool.orgFounded in 1903, Isidore Newman School is committed to the intellectual, ethical, emotional and physical development of each student. Newman offers a challenging, comprehensive and sequential curriculum from pre-kindergarten through 12th grade, one which encourages creativity, critical and independent thinking, and different ways of learning. You are invited to explore Isidore Newman School at www.newmanschool.org.
Lynn Meadows Discovery Center
228-897-6039 • www.lmdc.orgAt the Lynn Meadows Discovery Center, Mississippi’s only children’s museum, visitors can crank a crane, touch a tornado, sort seafood, cross a creek, understand a pulley fully, shoot hoops on wheels, tromp in tree houses, take tea for two, star on a show and much more. Bob the Builder visits September 23-27, 2008. (228) 897-6039, www.lmdc.org.
Metairie Park Country Day School
300 Park Road, Metairie
(504) 837-5204 • www.mpcds.comCountry Day isn’t progressive or traditional, experimental or conservative. They are a little of each of these. They are what works. With high academic standards and an innovative approach, their is to teach students to think creatively and independently, preparing them to achieve in the world of the 21st century. For a personal tour, please call 849-3105. Pre-K–Grade 12.
Mount Carmel Academy
7027 Milne Boulevard, New Orleans, (504) 288-7626 www.mtcarmelcubs.org •email@example.comMount Carmel Academy, a Top 50 Catholic High School and Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, is a secondary school for girls, grades 8-12, conducted by the Sisters of Our Lady of Mount Carmel. The school’s mission is to provide young women the opportunity to develop their God-given talents through academic excellence and co-curricular programs and empower them to develop zeal for their faith with a commitment to prayer and service.
The New Orleans Jewish Day School
3747 W. Esplanade Avenue, Metairie
(504) 887-4091 • www.nojds.comThe New Orleans Jewish Day School offers Pre-K through 5th grade classes. The school currently has 15 new children starting for the 2008-’09 year. The faculty welcomes them to the wonderful school, giving them the best in secular and Jewish education. The Day School is proud to be a vital part of the New Orleans community located in the heart of Metairie at 3747 W. Esplanade Ave. Class spaces are still available in certain grades. Our fall Open House for prospective families will be Tuesday, Nov. 11, 2008 at 6:30 p.m.
St. George’s Episcopal School
923 Napoleon Avenue, New Orleans
(504) 891-5509www.stgeorgesepiscopal.comSt. George’s is a private co-ed independent school for students from nursery through eighth grade. Established in 1969, St. George’s is distinguished by its qualified faculty and low student-to-teacher ratio and offers a family-like atmosphere of love and concern tailored to the individual. Newly renovated and expanded, the historic campus is conveniently located on Napoleon Avenue, between Magazine and Camp streets. Open house dates are Oct. 16th, 23rd and Nov. 13th.
St. Andrew’s Episcopal School
8012 Oak Street, New Orleans
(504) 861-3743 • www.standrews.k12.la.usSt. Andrew’s Episcopal School enrolls boys and girls from Pre-kindergarten through Grade 8. Small classes promote a challenging learning environment where students interact with teachers and grow spiritually, socially and intellectually. A strong academic program, enhanced by state-of-the-art technology, includes Spanish, Chinese, music, chapel, fine arts, athletics and library skills. Student publications, dramatics, intramurals and community service round out St. Andrew’s program.
St. Martin’s Episcopal School
5309 Airline Drive, Metairie
(504) 736-9917 www.stmsaints.comSt. Martin’s Episcopal School invites you to attend our Open Houses on Wednesday, Oct. 15th at 9 a.m. for grades 6-12; Thursday, October 16th at 9 a.m for grades Pre-K -5; Tuesday, November 18th at 9 a.m. for Pre-K and Kindergarten; and Wednesday, November 19th at 6 p.m. for grades 6-12. St. Martin’s has been providing a superior co-ed education in a family environment for over 60 years.
St. Paul’s Episcopal School
6249 Canal Boulevard, New Orleans
(504) 488-1319www.stpauls-lakeview.orgSt. Paul’s Episcopal School, located in Lakeview, is a private, coed, independent school for three year olds-eighth grade. Established in 1961, St. Paul’s offers advanced, hands-on curriculum providing students the knowledge and skills to thrive. Rich with music, art, athletics, and more – The Future Is Here! Open House: Saturday, Oct. 25th at 9 a.m., Thursday, Oct. 30 at 6 p.m., and Wednesday, Nov. 5 at 6 p.m.
St. Scholastica Academy
122 South Massachusetts Street, Covington, LA 70433
(985) 892-2540, ext. 132 • www.ssacad.comAll-Girls Catholic High School in Grades 8-12 Open House: Sunday, November 2, 1-3 p.m. Choosing the right school is a decision for the whole family. St. Scholastica Academy administration, faculty and staff look forward to meeting with you. Our Open House offers an overview of our challenging, comprehensive, college-preparatory curriculum and outstanding extra-curricular activities. Guided tours will be conducted by student hosts and refreshments will be served.
St. Stanislaus College
304 S. Beach Blvd., Bay St. Louis, MS 39520
228-467-9057 ext. firstname.lastname@example.org • www.ststan.comSt. Stanislaus, founded in 1854, is an independent Catholic school located in Bay St. Louis, Miss. Operated by the Brothers of the Sacred Heart, the school specializes in building character and helping young men in grades 6-12 develop to their full potential and become happy, self-confident, well-educated adults. The residency curriculum is designed to nurture the development of sound study habits, self-discipline and a Christian appreciation of others.
Stuart Hall School for Boys
2032 S. Carrollton Avenue, New Orleans
(504) 861-1954www.stuarthall.orgStuart Hall School for Boys is an independent school offering a Catholic education to students nursery through seventh grade. The faculty and staff are dedicated to working with parents to help each child build a foundation for life centered on a love for learning, a desire to help others and a commitment to Gospel values. Please call the admission director for more information at (504) 861-5384.
The Academy of the Sacred Heart
4521 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans
(504) 891-1943 • www.ashrosary.orgThe Academy of the Sacred Heart is a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for girls, nursery through grade 12. It is the only area Catholic girls’ school that’s a member of the Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS), the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), the Network of Sacred Heart Schools and the National Coalition of Girls’ Schools. The school is committed to the values of faith, intellectual excellence, social awareness, the building of community and personal growth.
Trinity Episcopal School
1315 Jackson Avenue, New Orleans
(504) 525-8661 • www.trinitynola.comTrinity, founded in 1960, is a Pre-kindergarten through 8th Grade co-educational elementary school. Trinity offers a rigorous curriculum that fosters intellectual, spiritual, moral, and physical development within a creative and nurturing environment. If one of their Fabulous Friday Open Houses is not convenient, please call and schedule a tour. For more information visit our Web site at www.trinitynola.com or contact the Admission Office.
University of New Orleans
2000 Lakeshore Drive, New Orleans
(504) 280-6000 • Toll free; (888) 514-4275
Fifty years ago UNO opened its doors as the first integrated public university in New Orleans. Since those days as a commuter school servicing New Orleans, UNO has grown into a university with nationally known programs and faculty. As important as UNO has been to New Orleans in the last 50 years, it is setting a course to be just as important to the nation and the world in the next 50.
2635 State Street, New Orleans, (504) 866-5292 email@example.com • www.ursulineneworleans.orgUrsuline Academy, founded in 1727, is a Catholic school for girls offering a strong educational environment from early childhood through a college preparatory secondary program. Ursuline fosters spiritual formation, academic excellence, and
a life-long commitment to Serviam: I will serve. The Academy values the uniqueness of the individual, nurtures the whole person and develops leaders of confidence and compassion. Toddlers age 2 through 12th grade. Open House: Oct. 26, 2008,
2 p.m.-4 p.m.