NEW ORLEANS (press release) – Clesi’s Seafood Restaurant and Tipitina’s are hosting an event introducing new supergroup Pollo Asado performing the band Ween’s biggest hits on Friday, March 25, at the famous Tipitina’s music venue at the corner of Napoleon Avenue and Tchoupitoulas Street in Uptown New Orleans. The night of songs and shenanigans will be the first opportunity to see Pollo Asado live. Clesi’s Seafood Restaurant will be boiling crawfish and preparing their famous cajun fare outside the establishment.
Concertgoers will experience Ween favorites like “Ocean Man,” “It’s Gonna Be a Long Night,” “The Mollusk,” and “Pollo Asado.” The three-hour long experience will explore the influence and humorous nuance Ween has had on the rock’n roll and comedy album genres. This will also be the “warmup” for the actual Ween band who will be performing in New Orleans on April 29th and 30th. Attendees are encouraged to wear costumes to the venue and to sing…loudly.
Members of Pollo Asado include local favorites Marc Paradis, Mike Doussan, Michael Fouquier, André Bohren, and Dave Pomerleau who were all brought together by superfan James Clesi of Clesi’s Seafood Restaurant. The individuals have each been featured previously in performances at the restaurant at 4323 Bienville Street and at the monthly Botinelli Bash in the 100 block of Botinelli Place (Clesi’s corporate headquarters at the intersection of the 4800 block of Canal Street).
A fresh supply of mudbugs from Louisiana production areas will be available for purchase throughout the evening. Siblings James Clesi, Carlo Clesi, and Sonya DiCarlo, the proprietors of Clesi’s Seafood Restaurant and Ween aficionados, have made Clesi’s a global destination for locals and tourists in Mid-City New Orleans. Since crawfish are caught within a day or days of delivery to the restaurant, price per pound could vary daily. Freezing temperatures or heavy rain may also affect the daily boil – this is Louisiana, after all.
WHO: Introducing supergroup Pollo Asado featuring Marc Paradis, Mike Doussan, Michael Fouquier, André Bohren, & Dave Pomerleau
WHAT: “Pollo Asado – A NOLA Tribute to Ween” presented by Tipitina’s and Clesi’s Seafood Restaurant
WHERE: 501 Napoleon Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70115; (504) 895-8477
WHEN: Friday, March 25, Doors: 8:00 p.m./ Show: 9:00 p.m., Ages: 18+
Crawfish Boils: 7:00 p.m.
– Ages 18+- Must have valid Government-Issued ID -OR- Passport to enter
– All patrons are encouraged to stay up to date on current public health recommendations and be respectful of other attendees around them.
– Tipitina’s reserves the right to enforce any health policy standard as required or recommended by local/state guidelines, including refusal of entry to-, or removal of-, offending audience member(s) from the venue at any time.
– No professional cameras or rigs (cameras with removable lenses)
– Purchaser must be present (with valid photo ID -OR- Passport) to claim Will Call Tickets
– View and manage your order online by following the link provided within the confirmation email sent upon purchase
– Online ticket sales will cease when doors open
– All sales are final
**Tipitina’s Box Office is open Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.**