Quarantine Corner: Soft Re-Openings Across Acadiana
As stores turn on their long-dormant lights, quarantine restrictions are lifting in Acadiana. Which restaurants have open patios ready for patrons? Which stores are allowing shoppers to return? And what are those who are maintaining quarantine status up to? Consider this your guide.
- The open-view Italian bistro Café Romacelli in River Ranch just announced a new menu with new hours! Menu items include the Mediterranean hummus, a popular dish with cucumber, olive tapenade, sun-dried tomatoes and feta, an arugula and fennel salad with shaved parmesan, orange supremes and toasted almonds, and the Cajun spice, spicy seasoned pizza with Italian sausage, shrimp, picante peppers and fresh mozzarella. Café Romacelli has an array of cocktails available, like the 3:10 to Roma, a pineapple-infused tequila cocktail with watermelon Campari. The restaurant’s hours are Sunday: 11a.m. – 3 p.m., Monday: 4 p.m. – 9 p.m., and Tuesday–Saturday 11 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Pour, another River Ranch restaurant with outdoor seating, is re-opening for patrons as well. The southern restaurant will have the same menu as before, with options like their house-cut chips, the summer salad with avocado, cilantro and lime ranch, and the pan-roasted duck, served medium rare with roasted heirloom carrots and topped with a duck demi glaze. Free delivery for River Ranch residents between 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Non-River Ranch residents may access delivery on Waitr!
- Caroline & Co. is taking advantage of its additional space in their new location! Located in the former Paul Michael’s, Caroline & Co. is a staple gift shop in Lafayette. The shop features items like L’or De Seraphine candles, lots of dainty gold jewelry, wine gifts and accessories, and much more. The store is open for its regular hours, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. A smaller location inside of Our Lady of Lourdes hospital is also open.
- Sugarwolf Outdoor Exchange: Downtown Lafayette’s newest addition is the super sustainable outdoor shop, Sugarwolf! The consignment shop features gear from Izumi, North Face, Patagonia and more. Sugarwolf is offering free local delivery and pickup on their goods, or shoppers can opt to pick up their items or make an appointment to look at products in person. For more information, visit Sugarwolfoutdoors.com
- Lafayette’s Maven Womenswear is probably the most popular boutique in town. Stop by Maven to peruse new linen tops, gold jewelry in trendy chains and coin themes, and flowy dresses in the most beautiful spring color palette. Maven is open for its usual hours and is allowing a limited number of customers in the store at a time. The shop is as popular on Instagram as it is in Acadiana – and if you’d like to make an order for delivery or curbside pickup, shop via @mavenwomenswear. Maven is also selling 100 percent cotton reusable face masks in an array of colors and patterns.