Dijon Roasted Chicken
1 3-3.5 pound chicken broken down into 8 pieces
(or your favorite cuts of chicken)
1 pound Yukon gold potatoes cut into wedges
2 medium red onions, sliced
10-12 whole cloves garlic
1 red bell pepper, julienned
1 bulb fennel, julienned
⅓ cup Dijon mustard
zest and juice of 2 lemons
¼ cup olive oil
½ teaspoons Herbs de Provence
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a small bowl, combine Dijon, lemon juice, zest, Herbs de Provence and olive oil.
3. In a large bowl, toss vegetables, season with salt and pepper and add olive oil (to taste).
4. Arrange vegetables on a sheet tray in a single layer.
5. Using the same bowl used to toss vegetables, add chicken, season with salt and pepper and coat evenly with the Dijon mixture.
6. Place chicken pieces on top of the vegetables and roast for 40-55 minutes.
7. When chicken is done and vegetables are tender, remove from the oven and let rest 5-10 minutes, then serve.
About the Chef
Chef John Bel, previously of the recently-shuttered Meauxbar, supports several kitchens in the in the LeBlanc + Smith restaurant group. . While traveling Europe, he fell in love with different styles of cuisine and learned that exceptional food need not be expensive. Bel thinks of himself as a “throwback chef” creating dishes with his heart and soul, living for the joy and camaraderie of cooking and dining with friends and family.