Rerun: Bars Doing it differently, Again
The new government rule states that bars can now begin serving to-go drinks again, but other restrictions still remain in place. Our suggestion is that you check with a place before you go in to make sure you are aware of what the rules and policies are for that bar or restaurant. Many of us are growing weary of this new normal, the challenges and the restrictions. Staying safe means following the rules and often times that means staying at home more than usual.
This week we wanted to give you a list of mocktails to make at home. They are easy, refreshing and fun to create. Give them a try and invite your neighbor for a toast.
*Can be made in a highball glass over ice.
- 64 ounces orange juice
- 46 ounces pineapple juice
- 5 ounces lemon juice
- 5 ounces grenadine
- Garnish: lemon, lime, orange slices
- Garnish: other seasonal fruit
- Pour the juices and grenadine into a punch bowl filled with ice.
- Float fruit slices on top.
- Serve in individual cups filled with ice.
Grapefruit Spritz With a Twist
- Fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 8 thin jalapeño slices
- 2 cups fresh grapefruit juice
- Grapefruit slices for garnish
*Easily make this an adult beverage by adding 1 oz. tequila or mezcal
- Muddle lime juice, sugar, and jalapeño slices, pressing on chiles and stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in grapefruit juice.
- Pour halfway up ice-filled glasses.
- Top with seltzer**
- Garnish with grapefruit slices.
*If you’re spiking your drink, add tequila or mezcal before seltzer
These mocktails can always be spiked with the alcohol of your choice.
Please enjoy responsibly.