NEW ORLEANS (press release) – Saint John turns ONE next Thursday, October 6 – and what a WILD year it’s been! To keep the celebration going all month long, Saint John has partnered with Wild Turkey Bourbon Whiskey to host a Birthday Dinner on Thursday, October 20 (6:30 p.m.). The four-course menu is created by Chef de Cuisine Daren Porretto and will include Wild Turkey pairings with each course.
Welcome Cocktail: 6:30 p.m.
Dinner: 7:00-9:30 p.m.
– Welcome Cocktail: Rose Mint Red Stinger Tea.
– First Course: Charcuterie Plate: House-made Duck Pastrami, Rabbit Liver Mousse, Aged Gouda, Whole Grain Mustard and Local Honeycomb with Artisan Bread.
o Pairing: Wild Turkey Longbranch Bourbon.
– Second Course: Charred Brussels Salad: Gorgonzola, NOLA BBQ’d Onions, Roasted Pecans and Drunken Cranberry with Pepper Spiked Sugarcane Vinaigrette.
o Pairing: Russell’s Reserve 6 Year Rye.
– Third Course: Smoked Venison Tenderloin: Citrus Cured Foie Gras with Elderberry and Sage Demi-Glace.
o Pairing: Wild Turkey Rare Breed Rye.
– Fourth Course: Creole Cream Cheese Cake: White Chocolate, Spiced Sweet Potato Puree and Mint.
o Pairing: Wild Turkey 101 Bourbon Milk Punch.
– Chef’s Counter: $120++
– Main Dining Room: $100++