Sazerac House Celebrates the Holidays with the “Making Spirits Bright” Event Series
Each event includes opportunities to taste, learn and experience the Sazerac House
NEW ORLEANS (press release) – The holiday season feels different this year, and the Sazerac House is creating a safe and festive way for guests to celebrate. The Making Spirits Bright series celebrates the history of cocktails in New Orleans all while giving a safe, socially distanced opportunity for guests to sip and sample together. All events will include socially-distanced seating and use of personal protection equipment such as face coverings is required throughout the event.
The Series Includes:
- Dec. 5: Strike Down Social
- In celebration of the day Prohibition was repealed, enjoy light bites and five Prohibition-era cocktails, including the Bee’s Knees and the Mary Pickford, alongside Speakeasy-style surprises and an exploration of the history of Prohibition led by Dr. Kristen Burton. Price: $75.00
- Dec. 8: Drink & Learn: Creole Holiday Traditions
- Join the Sazerac House experience team and Cocktail Historian Elizabeth Pearce to delight in decades old Creole Holiday traditions, enjoy spirited stories of holidays past and learn the culinary influences on New Orleans holiday traditions. Enjoy unique New Orleans cocktails with delightful dessert pairings. Price: $50.00
- Dec. 15: Cheers to Cheese
- Learn about holiday perfect cheese and cocktail pairings with local cheese purveyor St. James Cheese Company and enjoy cocktail demos that will inspire your next cocktail party with Sazerac House Cocktail Experts. Price: $40
- Dec. 10: Barrel to Bottle Experience
- Meet Sazerac House distiller David Bock and enjoy a tour of the Sazerac House distillery, learning the process of making Sazerac Rye Whiskey. Enjoy the sights and smells a of a working distillery, and bottle your own Sazerac Rye Whiskey, complete with an option for guests to engrave their own bottle (included in ticket price.) Price: $40
Where: Sazerac House
101 Magazine St.
New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
The events will take place in the Imperial Cabinet Saloon, a spacious event venue on the 4th Floor of the Sazerac House.
Should COVID-19 restrictions require changes to these events, guests will be notified of the change in advance.
Tickets are available online at tickets.sazerachouse.com. The event will include socially-distanced seating and personal protective equipment is required for all guests and staff. On registration, guests will be required to confirm & agree that they will wear appropriate face coverings unless actively eating or drinking, practice good hygiene, maintain appropriate social distance, and that they have not had any symptoms of COVID-19, nor anyone they have been in contact with, in the past 2 weeks.