Sazerac House Stirring and Shaking Summer Staycations with Virtual Cocktail Classes through September
Corresponding cocktail kits available for purchase and curbside pickup at Sazerac House, with proceeds benefitting Louisiana Hospitality Foundation
NEW ORLEANS (press release) – Building upon their virtual programming, the Sazerac House is now offering Virtual Whiskey Walks, led by House Distiller David Bock and Virtual Drink & Learn sessions led by cocktail historian Elizabeth Pearce, alongside their Virtual Cocktail Workshops. Each session is complimentary, and includes step-by-step instruction on building signature cocktail recipes, alongside historical knowledge and discussions on whiskey distilling.
In addition, during the Whiskey Walk, David Bock will show guests around the Sazerac House distillery, which actively distilling and bottling Sazerac Rye Whiskey.
During Elizabeth Pearce’s “Drink & Learn” sessions, guests will explore specific components of cocktails in depth, first with Punches and a how-to guide to the Planter’s Punch and then with a discussion of Ice and a step-by-step demonstration of the Mint Julep.
The sessions are 45 minutes long, limited to 50 participants and cocktail kits with the ingredients for each cocktail will be available for pre-order and curbside pickup at the Sazerac House, with 10 percent of proceeds going to benefit the Louisiana Hospitality Foundation.
The represented cocktails and corresponding cocktail kits are:
- The Sazerac, Wednesday July 22
- Cocktail Kit ($66): Sazerac Rye, Peychaud’s Bitters, Herbsaint, sugar cubes, lemon
- Bee’s Knees, Wednesday, July 29
- Cocktail Kit ($29): Henry Ramos Gin, Capstone Honey, lemons
- Whiskey Walk with Old Fashioned Cocktail, Tuesday, Aug. 4
- Cocktail Kit ($56): Sazerac Rye, Merchants Exchange Orange Bitters, Bittermens Transatlantic Bitters
- Jungle Bird, Wednesday, Aug. 5
- Cocktail Kit ($45): Myers’s Rum, Peychaud’s Aperitivo, Stirrings Simple Syrup, limes, pineapple juice, orange
- Classic Daiquiri, Wednesday Aug. 12
- Cocktail Kit ($20): Cane Run Rum, Stirrings Simple Syrup, limes
- Drink & Learn with Elizabeth Pearce, Planter’s Punch, Tuesday, Aug. 18
- Cocktail Kit ($31): Myers’s Rum, Stirrings Simple Syrup, Peychaud’s Bitters, limes
- Outrigger, Wednesday, Aug. 19
- Cocktail Kit ($53): Jung & Wulff Barbados Rum, Gran Gala, lemons
- Queen’s Park Swizzle, Wednesday, Aug. 26
- Cocktail Kit ($56): Jung & Wulff Trinidad Rum, Peychaud’s Bitters, Stirrings Simple Syrup, limes, mint
- Whiskey Walk featuring Whiskey Smash, Tuesday, Sept. 1
- Cocktail Kit ($32): Sazerac Rye, Stirrings Simple Syrup, lemon, mint
- Drink & Learn with Elizabeth Pearce featuring the Mint Julep, Tuesday, Sept. 8
- Cocktail Kit ($30): Buffalo Trace, Stirrings Simple Syrup, mint
If guests are looking to purchase additional spirits, or are searching for their favorite bottle of a spirit not included in cocktail kits, they can visit store.sazerachouse.com and order additional bottles of spirits, bottled cocktails and bitters for curbside pickup. Due to state and city regulations, cocktail kits cannot be shipped and are for curbside pickup only.
To sign up for the virtual cocktail classes, visit sazerachouse.com/events. Registration is limited to 50 guests, and is first come, first served.
Cocktail Kit orders must be received 24 hours before the corresponding workshop, and orders can be picked up 10:00am-4:00pm on the day of the workshop. At pickup, social distancing requirements will be followed, including 6-foot-spacing in the waiting area, personal protective equipment for the Sazerac House team and an acrylic shield between the street and the Sazerac House team member.