D’Iberville, MS (press release) – Scarlet Pearl Casino Resort will open its new high-limit experience Orchid Room, Gaming Elevated on Sunday, Sept. 6 at 10 a.m. The new Orchid Room redefines high limit gaming with 8 blackjack and mini-baccarat table games, 53 slot and video poker machines, and a dedicated cashier and player services counter.
Scarlet Pearl has rethought the VIP customer experience. Signature services and niceties include warm scented hand towels, curated cocktails, tasting menus, dessert pairings, personal televisions, phone chargers at each slot machine, and a host of unexpected amenities. Staff members were stringently vetted with demanding expectations to provide a polished and consistent experience. An additional 111 new full- and part-time associate positions were created to staff the 24/7 operation. The Orchid Room is only available to members of Pearl Rewards, Scarlet Pearl’s loyalty program.
“Any casino can raise their minimums, put in high-denomination slots, and call it a ‘high-limit room’,” said Scarlet Pearl CEO LuAnn Pappas, “Here, we have created an ‘elevated’ experience. The best players deserve the best room, the best services, the best amenities and most importantly, the best employees. The Orchid Room is simply the best.”
The room’s high-style design boasts rich materials including Alabastri di Rexe porcelain floors, a magnificent entry of backlit Grecian vanilla onyx, touchable Velveteen Vector wall fabric and a lush Orchid-print carpet custom-made to room specifications. KGM-made stands offer slot players a “personal gaming pod” complete with charging stations, television, food trays and storage compartments. The area is lit by one-of-a-kind hand-beaded orchid petal fixtures and crystal ribbon chandeliers.
Privately owned since opening in 2015, Scarlet Pearl Casino Resort has committed to the South Mississippi community through charity and capital investment. The $4 million Orchid Room is part of a $6 million overall 2020 project to enhance the VIP customer experience. Since 2015, Scarlet Pearl has invested over $30 million in capital including a multi-tier parking garage, the Scarlet Pearl Sportsbook, Frankly My Dear boutique, Lounge Nocherie and Ami Pizza.
EXPERIENCING THE ORCHID ROOM, GAMING ELEVATED – FACT SHEET
THE ROOM: Mississippi-based AnderCorp constructed the $4 million, 5,800-square foot Orchid Room using local contractors. Las Vegas architect Friedmutter Group developed the room’s high-style design
- High-limit gaming: six blackjack and two mini-baccarat table games, 53 slot and video poker machines, and a dedicated cashier and player services counter.
- Slot bases, stands and chairs: New Jersey manufacturer KGM Gaming created expanded private slot spaces (“personal gaming pods”) complete with USB and wireless charging stations, TVs, food trays and storage compartments. Our slot stools feature adjustable height and lumbar supports
- White, orchid-print carpet: Known for covering floors of palaces and luxury hotels, London-based Brintons Carpet created the stunning carpet designed to the exact dimensions of the space.
- Vector Velveteen wall fabric: The sophisticated geometric pattern of our opulent – and Instagram-worthy – wall covering from Belgium’s Arte International excites the eyes and the fingertips.
- Sable black stone waterfall: Orlando-based Bluworld fabricated a vibrantly lit, sable black stone waterfall – representing prosperity and abundance – for the exterior of the Orchid Room.
- Custom stone and brass craftsmanship: Gulfport’s own Commercial Millwork Specialists, Inc. crafted the ornate brasswork and the backlit fitted Grecian vanilla onyx stone tiles of the entrance.
- Sculptural chandeliers: California’s ELA made intricate ribbon helixes of prism-shaped crystals and hand-beaded shimmering purple glass, inspired by the beauty of the orchid.
AMENTIES AND SERVICE: Only members of Pearl Rewards, Scarlet Pearl’s award-winning loyalty program, can access the perks of the dedicated high-limit space.
- Scented warm towel: Refresh your hands with lemon-scented cloths.
- Ballet slippers, back massagers and cashmere shawls: Long gaming sessions deserve comfort, and Scarlet- and EIP-tier guests can rest, relax, and warm up with our exclusive services.
- Private television: Each slot area includes a personal 24-inch flat screen monitor to watch channels of cable and music. Earbuds are available to Scarlet and EIP cardholders.
- Jackpot Celebrations: A jackpot win in the Orchid Room comes with surprise gifts.
SPECIALITY COCKTAILS, TASTER MENU AND DESSERT PAIRINGS: Scarlet Pearl Executive Chef Anthony Rametta has curated a high-end selection of small plates made from premium ingredients.
- Taster menu: Highlights include A-5 Wagyu Coulotte kabobs, Colorado lamb chops, fresh Maine Lobster rolls, vegetable arancini our caviar-topped “Unbelievable Deviled Egg.”
- Dessert pairings: Wins are much sweeter with indulgent classic pairings such as Dom Perignon and hand-dipped chocolate strawberries or strawberry cheesecake with Grand Marnier Cuvee Alexandre.
- Specialty cocktails: Our Blackberry Margarita with homemade fruit sour, purple Orchid Room Cosmo, and the orchid-garnished Lavender French 75 are a few of the options available exclusively in the space.
- Local clothiers created our “look”: Scarlet Pearl tapped Mississippi Gulf Coast businesses Grant’s Menswear and Luxe Cleaners and Alterations to clothe our supervisors and cocktail servers.
- The Rolls Royce of toilets: Our Toto toilets have heated seats, a bidet function for a front and rear cleanse, variable speed fans for air-drying and a seat that lifts and closes automatically.